Our PreDoc Program in Mathematics is designed for outstanding students who wish to pursue their PhD at our Department. Through application and admission already at a Masters level, PreDoc-students have early access to many aspects of the Faculty's Doctorate Programs as well as special financing possibilities!
Who should apply?
If you hold a Bachelor degree or are expected to complete your degree prior to the beginning of the PreDoc Program, we encourage you to apply if:
- You want to pursue a doctorate in Mathematics
- You are passionate and creative about Mathematics
- You have excellent grades
- You have proof of sufficient English language skills (e.g. TOEFL minimum requirements: internet based test: 88; computer based test: 234; paper based test: 605).
For detailed information regarding the required English proficiency level, please visit the following website.
How do you apply?
Applications have to be submitted electronically through our online application form with the following attachments:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of records
- Letter of motivation
- Name of a reference (tenured faculty)
- Examples of written academic work (if possible)
The deadline for application is December 15th each year for admission in October of the next year.
Please note: The Mathematics PreDoc programm is only offered for enrolled Master students at our Department. Although you must apply for the PreDoc program separately, the final admission is dependent on admission to one of our Master Programs. If you can not start your Master studies (for example because you didn't finish your Bachelor degree on time) you have to launch a new application for the next semester.