Postgraduate Merit Scholarship
Twenty Five Postgraduate Merit Scholarships, comprising a partial fee waiver (value: €2,750), are available. These scholarships are aimed at taught postgraduate programmes in all areas of the NUI Galway curriculum, commencing September 2016.
Our Postgraduate Merit Scholarship Scheme is now open for applications and we will award the first round of scholarship (10 awards) in March 2016. Further rounds of scholarship awards will follow in April and May.
Postgraduate Scholarship Schemes – Terms and Conditions for the 2016/2017 academic year
1. You must be in receipt of an offer; firm or conditional for one of our taught masters programmes for entry to NUI Galway in September 2016.
2. A selection committee will assess the eligible scholarship applications based on Merit and review of the personal statement. 3. Our Scholarships are awarded in the form of a partial or full tuition fee waiver. You must confirm your acceptance of same within 30 days and we will then issue an updated letter of offer reflecting the scholarship award. The scholarship amount is then deducted from the tuition fee applicable for year 1 of your taught masters programme. This scholarship is a one off partial tuition fee waiver and it is not a cash award and no payment will be made by the University.
4. You must confirm your acceptance of the scholarship via payment of the deposit applicable – by accepting your place on the PAC account.
5. Scholarships that are not utilised will be reallocated – so please ensure to advise the International Office if you will not be using your scholarship award so that same can be awarded to the next successful candidate.
6. You must be a resident of a NON EU country and if the International Scholarship is country specific; for India for example; then you must be citizen of the country and resident in that country when applying.
7. You may apply for more than one scholarship scheme if eligible to do so however should you be successful you will only be allowed to use one scholarship – that of greatest value to you.
8. The application process varies for each of the scholarship schemes so please pay particular attention to the application details.
9. Scholarship Recipients will from time to time be called up to participate to activities such as welcoming delegations of visits from their home country to the campus or providing a testimonial of their experience. In the instance of students receiving full tuition fee waivers they should apply to participate in our International Student Ambassador Programme.