POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The University of Zululand invites applications for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship positions at the University in any of its academic departments with suitable mentorship expertise. Fellowships are valued at R240 000 p.a., tenable for a period of TWO years, starting from 1st July 2017 or soon thereafter. The Fellowships are intended to enhance the intellectual environment at the University and to provide opportunities in diverse fields for recent doctoral graduates. This should help develop their research skills and prepare them for an academic career.
The University is located north of the uThukela River in the Province of KwaZulu-Natal.
The region provides diverse research opportunities and the University is in close proximity to rural people, commercial farmers, an industrial hub, a world heritage site and two countries in the SADC region. Although this invitation extends to all research fields, and an attempt will be made to ensure intellectual diversity in the appointments.
The University is particularly interested in attracting person whose research could impact upon the region in which it is situated.
- A doctoral degree obtained on or after 2013
- Applicants must be below the age of 40
- Written and oral communication and presentation skills Computer skills
- An interest in conducting research as evidenced by some research outputs in journals and conference proceedings.
- To conduct research and publish research results
- To assist with postgraduate student supervision
- To assist in promoting an intellectual environment within the University
Enquiries: Prof N Mlitwa, Director, Research & Innovation Office, University of Zululand, at (035) 902 6779 All applicants are required to submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org: a completed application form, to be obtained from original website and a copy of their CV.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.