About the Position:
CSIRO Data61 have an opportunity for a motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to join our Distributed Security Systems Team. Under the guidance of a senior researcher, you will undertake research in the general area of security and privacy, particularly as it relates to big data, cloud computing, mobile systems, Internet of Things or social computing. You will undertake novel and world class research, leading to national and international publications. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to industrial research in security and privacy undertaken by CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Under the direction of a senior research scientist, carrying out innovative, impactful research in the area of privacy and security that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Actively participating in strategic and external R&D projects by undertaking project specific research (e.g., developing an end-to-end security solution for the data stream), implementing software (e.g., implementing software in our internal infrastructures big data cluster, research cloud, IoT and SDN test beds), and communicating with internal and external partners.
- Producing high quality scientific papers suitable for publication in quality journals for client reports and granting of patents.
- Undertaking CSIRO’s postdoctoral training program.
Location: Marsfield, Sydney NSW
Salary: $78k to $88k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year specified term
Ref no: 5361
To be considered you will have a doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as security or privacy and have no more than 3 years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing software to implement security algorithms in emerging areas such as cloud computing, big data and cyber-social-physical systems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing novel privacy/security solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in technologies related to cloud computing, big data, and Internet-of-Things (such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, OpenloT, etc.)
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
About CSIRO: At CSIRO we invent the future. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
We collaborate to innovate.
Applications Close 15 November 2015 at 11.59pm AEDT
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and a cover letter of up to two pages expressing your interest in the role and broadly addressing your suitability. Please submit as one document.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: