Postdoctoral Scholar Research Associate
Information Sciences Institute (ISI), a unit of USC’s Viterbi School of Engineering, is a world leader in the research and development of advanced information processing, computing, and communications technologies. ISI operates one of the world’s largest academic high-performance computing clusters. ISI has three research campuses: one in Marina Del Rey, CA; one in Arlington, VA; and one in Waltham, MA.
*This position is located in Marina del Rey, CA.*
The Information Sciences Institute at The University of Southern California in Marina Del Rey, California invites applications for a postdoc position starting immediately. This is a 2-year appointment with a strong possibility of reappointment.
In this position, the scholar will assist with existing research projects. A major responsibility of the post-doc will be to work on a multi-year, multi-institutional and multi-disciplinary Hybrid Forecasting Competition, which endeavors to combine human judgment with machine-based predictions to generate timely and accurate forecasts about geopolitical events. A key component of the position will involve helping design and conduct experiments on various aspects of human-machine interactions. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing interactions with the human participants. The position offers competitive compensation and benefits, in line with standards for computer science post-doctoral research fellows.
- PhD (received within the last 3 years) in a psychology, behavioral science, cognitive science, statistics, operations research, data analytics, management, or other related disciplines.
- Experience with designing and conducting experimental research involving human subjects.
- Strong ability to communicate with other researchers and research participants.
- Experience with human forecasting, machine learning, or decision theory.
- Familiarity with data science techniques.
To be considered for the position, please provide the following:
1) a detailed CV with publications and contact information for three references; and
2) a research statement outlining the candidate’s research, and interest in the position.
Please submit your application by October 20, 2017, to be considered for this position.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Minimum Education: Ph.D., received within the last 3 years, in a psychology, behavioral science, cognitive science, statistics, operations research, data analytics, management, or other related disciplines
Minimum Experience: 0 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience with designing & conducting experimental research involving human subjects. Strong ability to communicate with other researchers & research participants.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: