About the Institute
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as in architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The School of Engineering Sciences carries out a wide range of research at the international front line, from fundamental disciplines such as Physics and Mathematics, to Engineering Mechanics with applications such as Aeronautics and Vehicle Engineering. We also offer university degree programs in Engineering Physics, Vehicle Engineering, and 'Open entrance', as well as a number of international masters programmes.
Laser Physics group which is a part of the Department of Applied Physics is engaged in research on novel laser concepts and nonlinear materials, optical material engineering, optical frequency conversion using custom-designed nonlinear photonic structures and low-dimensional optoelectronic media. The Laser Physics group is located at AlbaNova campus in central Stockholm. Co-location with the quantum optics and spectroscopy groups from Stockholm University at AlbaNova resulted in very fruitful collaborative environment. The Laser Physics group is well established internationally and has many collaboration activities around the world. It is our conviction that the research which we pursue should lead to technologies beneficial for rapidly-expanding range and sophistication of photonics applications. The work environment in the group is very international, informal and dynamic.
The application must include the following documents
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (detailing both your previous scientific work experience and your interest in this position)
- Research statement (max 2 pages)
- Contact information for three references
- Please observe that you apply for a scholarship, not an employment.
- Period: 2016-09-01 - 2018-08-31
- Extent: Full-time
- Number of positions: 2
- Amount of scholarship: According to the level set by internal regulations at the Department of Applied Physics, KTH
- Location: Laser Physics group, Department of Applied Physics, School of Engineering Sciences at KTH
- Office address: AlbaNova University Center, Roslagstullsbacken 21, 10691 Stockholm, Sweden.
Valdas Pasiskevicius, Professor
Fredrik Laurell, Professor
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
For more information click "Further official information" below.