NTNU - Knowledge for a better world !
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship Within Mining Streaming Data
The Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for a 100 % position as a postdoctoral fellow within the area of BigData Analytics at the Department of Computer and Information Science (IDI).
The appointment is for a term of up to three years with teaching duties equivalent to 25 %, or two years without duties. The position of post-doctoral fellow is a fixed-term position with the primary objective of qualifying for work in top academic posts. The selected post-doctoral fellow will also assist in PhD student supervision and a significant contribution in project applications for external funds is expected. The position represents an excellent opportunity for an individual to develop his/her career and contribute to the further development of the collaboration.
Information about the department
Currently there are 24 professors and 14 associate professors at the department. In addition there are 15 adjunct associate professors, 21 postdoctoral researchers, approx. 65 active PhD students, and 18 technical/administrative staff. Five of the tenured scientific positions are held by women, and eight are from other countries than Norway. Research activities are organized into groups and strategic European and National projects.
The postdoc researcher will be a member of the MUSED project team. In MUSED, we will focus on developing methods necessary for effective and efficient detection and prediction of events from multiple and possibly heterogeneous streaming data sources. We will develop frameworks and scalable techniques for supporting such analytical methods. In particular, the postdoc researcher will develop new well-performing, computationally efficient, and scalable approaches for querying and mining heterogeneous streaming data.
The appointment is subject to the conditions in effect at any time for employees in the public sector.
As far as possible, the State workforce should reflect the diversity of the population. Goals of our personnel policy therefore include a balanced distribution in terms of age and gender as well as recruitment of people of immigrant background.
Under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act, information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have his or her name entered on the list of applicants.
The application must contain:
- A cover letter including an explanation of how your research interests and background would fit the position
- Information about education, exams and previous relevant work/research experience (a CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates
- A Statement of Purpose (including a short presentation of the motivation for doing research within the areas of the project, and how the applicant sees his/her background suitable, and the applicant’s view of research challenges within the area of the position and one of the topics listed above, and how the competence of the applicant can contribute to solving these challenges) (2 pages)
- Publications relevant to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be taken into account should clearly state the applicant’s contribution. A short summary should be attached outlining the applicant’s input to joint work.
- Names and contact information of at least two references
Incomplete applications may be rejected.
The application must be sent electronically as one combined PDF file via this page (jobbnorge.no).
Potential successful candidates will be interviewed via Skype or other means.
For further information about the fellowship, please contact Associate Professor Heri Ramampiaro, e-mail email@example.com, phone +47 73591459 or/and Professor Kjetil Nørvåg, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +47 73596755
For information about processing of applications, please contact Senior Executive Officer Anne Kristin Bratseth, phone +47
73 59 67 15, e-mail: email@example.com.
Mark the application IME 067-2016
Deadline for application: 11.12.2016
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.