In 2014, 2015 and 2016 BBC News Online has created an audio slideshow of the winning images, seen each time by 500,000 people in the first 24 hours and shared on Twitter with over 4 million.
Numerous features showcasing images from the Awards are published in news, photography and food media across the world immediately after the Awards presentation and also over the following 12 months.
To see examples of coverage that our Commended and Finalist entrants have received from their participation in Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2016 please click on the "Further official information" below.
Why should I Enter?
Join the illustrious ranks of our Finalists and win prize money, gain prestige, profile and commercial opportunities which are all part of the rich mix of benefits that can flow from Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year, the world’s most important food photography awards.
Your work will be seen by leading names of photography, retail, food and media across the world
Our judging panel includes some of the world’s leading experts on food photography and film and its application in books, advertising, magazines, blogging, packaging and much more.
ALL images entered are viewed by a smaller panel of judges drawn from the main judging panel, to create the shortlists.
Some of the categories offer specific opportunities for the category winner, such as Pink Lady® Apple a Day, while many other Finalists have found that work opportunities have come to them as a result of the prestige of having an image or film chosen for the Winners’ Exhibition at the Mall Galleries.
All Finalists in the Errazuriz Wine Photographer of the Year category will have their work displayed for a year in a dedicated space at the Errazuriz Winery in Chile.
YOU can win £5,000 and the title of Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2017. Judges include BBC's The One Show’s Jay Rayner, Emily Luchetti, The James Beard Foundation and internationally renowned food photographer David Loftus.
In addition to the £5,000 top prize:
- Your image will be appreciated by some of the leading figures in the photography and food industries during the judging process
- A dedicated page will be added to our website showing an in depth profile of the overall winner featuring the winning image
- You will get a dedicated press release promoting your image to international photography and food media
- Your hard work and creativity will be credited wherever the image is used and will be seen by millions of people across the globe
- You will be invited to attend the glittering VIP Awards evening at the world renowned Mall Galleries, London SW1 along with leading figures from the world of photography, retail, food/photography and national press
- You will be provided with 2 nights' accommodation at the InterContinental London Park Lane in a double room with breakfast
- You will get a Lifetime Zenfolio VIP Account. The current annual value of this account is £300GBP and will endure for the lifetime of the winner. There will be no subscription costs at all for the Winner. Full details of this prize to be supplied by Zenfolio in a letter to be given to the Winner at the Awards evening
- Finalists attend Champagne Taittinger reception. All Finalists are invited, with a guest, to attend the exclusive VIP reception where the winners are announced in London in April 2017. They will join over 450 guests, including many of our judges and press, for a splendid occasion.
- All Finalists’ images and films will all be on display in a stunning free to enter exhibition at the world-renowned Mall Galleries, London in April 2017. After that, the exhibition travels across the United Kingdom to a variety of venues.
Prize money will be paid by Sterling cheque.
How to Enter
Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year is inspired by the proliferation of wonderful food photography in a huge variety of applications. From eye-catching advertising hoardings, to sumptuous editorial features, from tempting food packaging to daily blogs. The Awards celebrate this magnificent diversity in what is truly, the stuff of life.
The Pink Lady® Food Photography Awards seek to single out not only technical skill, but originality of treatment and a real sense of connection with the subject matter whatever it may be. Whether simply an apple on a plate, a cake of spun sugar, a baker covered in flour at four in the morning, or a pot simmering on an open fire in the African bush.
We are looking for professional and amateur photographers alike, in our search for the very best depictions of this marvellously varied subject of food, which unites us all.
A single sum of £25.00 is required per adult entrant and allows up to 5 photographic entries. Further entries may be submitted at an additional fee of £5 per entry.
£2 from each entry into the Food Snapping category will go to Action Against Hunger.
The exception being for entries to the Food Sn-apping category, the fee for which is £5 per entry only, £2 of which will be given as a donation to Action Against Hunger
To enter the category unearthed® Food in Film, the fee will be £25 per video submitted.
Once entered, images cannot be withdrawn unless the Organisers are notified that there is a permissions issue, in which case the images will be withdrawn on request of the copyright holder / entrant but no refund will be payable.
Payment is made online using Paypal.
Entry to the Young (under 18) categories is free of charge. A maximum of three entries may be submitted to the Young (under 18) categories.
- Complete the registration form.
- Log into your account with your e-mail address and password.
- Upload your photos.
- Enter your photos (adult entries will be taken to PayPal for their entry fee).
- There is no limit to the number of photos that you may enter.
You do not have to upload all your photos at one time but you will need to log in, so please make sure you remember your user email and password. For more details on the entry process please click on "Further official information".
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: