General Information about Rendez-vous • Image Photo Award
Rendez-vous • Image is open to all photographers, without consideration of country.
- The digital pictures must be supplied in the following definition: 3000 px for the big side, RVB, jpg, maximum 5 Mb (to be included in the catalog).
- The pictures must stay anonymous, no signature or logo on it.
- This series will be the base of evaluation of the jury and the presentation in whole or in part, according to the size of the pictures planned by the author.
- A series already shown in the exhibition cannot be presented a second time.
- The registration fees are 30 € per series and the exhibition fees are 130 € (only in case of selection)
- The fees can be paid by credit card, PayPal or French check.
- The pictures will be judged only after reception of the registration fees.
- The art director will choose the authors who will be exposed. Its decisions will be without appeal.
- The art director will define three awards.
- An additional award will be chosen by a jury of professionals.
- During the exhibition the visitors will define the “Public Prize”.
- The pictures copyright stays with the authors.
- The reproduction of pictures is authorized for the catalog and for the promotion of the RDV•I exhibition, including on Internet, unless otherwise notified in writing. The author gives up any request of rights concerning the presentation and the reproduction of these pictures.
- The author must have all the necessary authorizations for the exhibition of his pictures.
Rendez-vous • Image puts the accent on authors work.
The theme being free the art director will pay a big attention on the coherence of the presented work.
Email, name, first name, ...
A short text of presentation: route, approach, experiences, maximum 100 words / 700 characters.
Title of the series, type of work : argentic or digital
Number : minimum 5 pictures, maximum 15 pictures.
Weight : maximum 5 Mo per picture.
Registration fees : 30 € for each series submitted.
Settle the fees by credit card or PayPal.
Exhibition dates of Photo Award
Dates from Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th January 2016 (details on www.rdvi.fr/en)
- During the exhibition, the pictures will be presented horizontally on white display stands see example on www.rdvi.fr/en
- Dimensions : 1 m x 4 m
- Two possible heights: ~60 cm / ~90 cm. (choice to be made by the authors)
- A catalog will be published for the exhibition and an electronic version can be seen online.
- The organizers will take the biggest care of the works but decline any responsibility in case of deterioration, loss or theft. The author agrees to take at his expense these risks. He gives up accordingly any recourse to RDV•I based on such events.
- If the author cannot be onsite for the mounting, the pictures should be sent to the organizer before January 10th, 2016.
- All the mail expenses must be taken into account by the authors.
- For the exhibition, the photographers will produce their images in the size and on the medium of their choice. However it is strongly advised of to stick the images on a stiff medium (for example on Dibond) to insure the flatness of the images and the quality of exhibition.
- The exposed photos will be pulled of the series presented to the judge. It is not compulsory to expose all the images of the series.
Calendar of events for Photo Award in Strasbourg, France
1. June 2016 -Opening of the call for entries.
Registration form available on www.rdvi.fr
Documents to download
2.November 30th, 2016 - Submission deadline.
3.Beginning December 2016 - Selection by the the jury of series to be exhibited
4.December 12th, 2016 - Publication of the selected series for the exhibition, Information of authors by mail.
If you have been selected for the exhibition
1. Beginning December 2016 - The selected authors will receive "The exhibitors' Guide" containing the instructions for the exhibition
2. January 10th, 2017 - Pictures reception deadline (only for thoose who cannot come to the exhibition)
1. January 27th, 2017
14h - 17h
Setup of the exhibition by the photographers and / or by the organizer.
2. From January 27th 2017 - 18h till January 29th, 2017 - 19h - Exhibition open to the public.
February 15th, 2017
The organizer sends back the photos of the participants who can not be present.
For the online registration and more detailed information please click on "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: