PhD Research Fellow in Logic and Intelligent Data
If the successful candidate has a good knowledge of one Scandinavian language (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish), the fellowship will be for a period of 4 years, with 25 % compulsory work (teaching responsibilities at the Department). Otherwise, the fellowship will be for a period of 3 years, with no compulsory work. Starting date no later than 01.10.2015. No one can be appointed for more than one fixed-term period at the same institution.
The candidate's work will be within the space spanned by applied logic, semantic technologies, data integration, and human-computer interaction, with applications in the oil & gas sector. The candidate will be affiliated with the Optique project (www.optique-project.eu) and the SIRIUS Center for Scalable Data Access in the Oil & Gas Domain (http://sirius-labs.no/). He or she will be part of an international team of world-leading scientists working on bringing semantic methods for data access into real-world industrial applications.
Position code 1017, Pay grade: 50 - 57 (NOK 430 500 – 483 700) per year
The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work - scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiencyhttp://www.mn.uio.no/english/research/doctoral-degree-and-career/regulations/proficiency-requirements.html
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
Job type: Contract
Working hours: Full-time
Working days: Day
Application deadline: 13 September, 2015
Reference number: 2015/10425
Home page: http://www.ifi.uio.no
Professor Martin Giese
Telephone: +47 22852737
Questions regarding EasyCruit, contact HR Officer Helene Beate Jansen
Telephone: +47 22857196