About the program
The ERC research project ‘We are all Ayotzinapa: The role of Digital Media in the Shaping of Transnational Memories on Disappearance’ is looking for a PHD-STUDENT IN CULTURAL STUDIES FOR THE ERC PROJECT ‘DIGITAL MEMORIES AND DISAPPEARANCES IN MEXICO’
The research project, directed by Prof. Silvana Mandolessi, aims at analyzing digital media and transnational memory from an interdisciplinary perspective at the intersection of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The project is funded by a Starting Grant of the European Research Council. ERC Starting Grants are designed to support excellent investigators and their research teams to pursue ground-breaking, high-gain/high-risk research that cross disciplinary boundaries addressing new and emerging fields and introducing innovative approaches.
The researcher will be employed at the Department of Cultural Studies of the Faculty of Arts.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, communicative,researcher with a drive to work in an interdisciplinary team.
The candidates are expected to have:
- Master’s degree in Literary Studies, Cultural Studies, Visual Studies, or a related discipline with expertise on Discursive Analysis or Visual Analysis
- Experience or interest in Human Rights, Memory Studies and/or Latin American Studies is desirable
- A high level of proficiency in Spanish and English, both spoken and written
- The ability to carry out research in an interdisciplinary / intercultural group
- Team-oriented with positive attitude and able to work well with others
- Willing and able to travel to remote locations in Mexico
- Ability to understand sensitive contexts while inspiring confidence and trust
- Flexible and adaptable to project changes
Please, besides CV and list of publications, attach to the application a brief description of a potential research project (3-4 pags), in English or Spanish, to be carried out in the framework of the ERC project.
A fulltime position, initially for 1 year, with an extension to 4 years after good evaluation
Possibilities for further professional development (e.g. research stays, participation in workshops and seminars)
Working in a stimulating and creative context with an international team of collaborators.
Start date: January 2nd 2017
For more information please contact Prof. dr. Silvana Mandolessi, mail: email@example.com.
You can apply for this job no later than October 31, 2016 via the online application tool available in the official website.
For more information click "Further official information" below.