One PhD position is available for 3-4 years at the Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Molecular Medicine.
The position is funded by a grant from the Institute of Basal Medical Sciences.
The Institute consists of departments and units that pursue research and education within basic medical science. The Institute has approximately 350 employees and is located at Domus Medica, at the University’s campus at Gaustad. More information about the institute can be found here: www.med.uio.no/imb/english/
The position as research fellow is related to the project: “Brain extracellular matrix: Impact on pathophysiology of the brain” under the thematic area “BrainXM”.
An important aim of the project is to unravel the distribution and roles of a selected number of extracellular matrix proteins in normal and ageing brain.
The overall research problem underlying the project consists of better understanding of molecular mechanisms governing the brain function under normal and pathological conditions.
The project is led by Professor Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam, in collaboration with the other members of the thematic area “BrainXM”.
The objective of a research fellowship is completion of research training to the level of a doctoral degree. Candidates must have completed higher education equivalent to a Norwegian master degree and be granted admission to the Faculty’s PhD program. The fellowship period is 3 years devoted to research training or 4 years with a 25 % teaching commitment. The period devoted to research training may be reduced within the framework of pertaining regulations based on previously held research training positions. The research fellow is expected to complete the project within the set fellowship period. Please also refer to the regulations concerning terms and conditions of employment for the post as research fellow: link.
- Applicants must be M.D. or hold a master degree (equivalent to Norwegian master degrees) in biology, neurobiology, biochemistry or related subjects
- Applicant must be granted admission to the Faculty’s PhD program
- We are looking for motivated individuals with the personal prerequisites to carry out the project
- Background in neuroscience is preferred
- Priority will be given to candidates with research experience in neuroscience including: immunohistochemistry, Western blotting, in vivo imaging, work with primary neural cells and animal models of neurodegenerative diseases
- Applicants with previous experience in writing scientific papers will be preferred
- An adequate level of English language skills is necessary
- Good collaboration skills
- Salary ranging from pay grade: 50 – 56 (NOK 416 600 – 460 400)
- Stimulating and attractive work environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
The application must include:
- Application letter (including a summary of the applicant's scientific work and interests and describing how she/he fits the description of the person we seek)
- CV ( education since high school (place, grade), positions held and details of academic work)
- List of publications, published abstracts, presentations
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- Names and contact details of 2-3 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
The application with attachments is to be delivered in our electronic recruiting systemEasyCruit. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In assessing applications, particular emphasis will be placed upon the academic and personal ability of the candidate to complete the project within the given timeframe.
Applicants may be called in for an interview.
In accordance with the University of Oslo´s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
The University of Oslo has an agreement regarding acquisition of rights to work results for all employees, with the aim to secure rights to research results, etc.
According to the Norwegian Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova) information about the applicant may be included in the public applicant list, also in cases where the applicant has requested non-disclosure.
- Job type:
- Working hours:
- Working days:
- Application deadline:
- May 31th 2015
- Expected Start Date:
- As soon as possible
- Domus Medica, Sognsvannsveien 9
- Reference number:
- Home page:
- Professor Mahmood Amiry-Moghaddam
Telephone: +47 22851273
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: