PhD Candidate in Integration of sensor technologies for enhancing virtual reality based training at the Department of Engineering and Safety (IIS)
Application deadline: 15.08.2016
Ref. no 2016/4932
The Department of Engineering and Safety (IIS), has a PhD position vacant for applicants who wish to obtain the degree of Philosophiae Doctor (PhD). The position is affiliated with the Human Factors in the Arctic research group at UiT – The Arctic university of Norway.
The PhD position is for a fixed term, with the objective of completion of research training to the level of a doctoral degree. Admission to a PhD programme is a prerequisite for employment, and the programme period starts on commencement of the position. The PhD Candidate shall participate in the faculty’s organized research training, and the PhD project shall be completed during the period of employment.
Further information about the position is available by contacting:
Associate professor Puneet Sharma, +47 77660391, firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Associate professor Jarle André Johansen, +47 77660366, email@example.com.
The Department of Engineering and Safety (IIS) at UiT the Arctic University of Norway is an interesting and exciting workplace with a focus on a good working environment for employees and a good learning environment for students. The department has an important role as a knowledge provider for the labor market in the region, through education, research and continuing education. Our students appreciate that the department works closely with the industry during the study program.
Tromsø is known as an active city with many international cultural activities, such as a film and music festival, Tromsø International Film Festival and the Northern Lights Festival. Tromsø has a great nature with abundant hiking opportunities during summer and winter, and a friendly and open international population.
The application must be submitted electronically via the application form.
The application must include:
- Letter of application
- Proposal for project description
- CV (containing a complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional work)
- copies of:
- diploma and transcript from your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- diploma and transcript from your Master’s degree or equivalent
- diploma supplement for completed degrees
- documentation of English language proficiency
- List of works and description of these. The list of works shall contain the following information:
- author(s), the work’s title
- for articles: the journal’s name and volume, the first and last page of the article, year of publication
- for publications: publisher, printer, year of publication, number of pages
- The works (published or unpublished) which the applicant wishes to be taken into consideration during the assessment process must be submitted
- List of references with contact information.
All documentation that is to be evaluated must be certified and translated into English or a Scandinavian language.
All documents mentioned above are mandatory for evaluation.
Information and material to be considered during the assessment must be submitted by the stipulated deadline.
Applications submitted via email will not be evaluated.