Duration of the award
3 years full time PhD scholarship for students starting in the academic year 2015/16.
This studentship is available to someone with a strong background and a research focus in one of the following areas of Economics:
- Applied econometrics
- Applied microeconomics, including industrial, regional and public economics
- Banking, empirical finance and risk management
- Financial markets, insurance and behavioural finance
- Health, risk, safety, environmental and experimental economics
- Labour market economics and applications
- Macroeconomics, trade, FDI and international economics.
How to Apply
You must complete the University’s postgraduate application form, selecting 'PhD Newcastle University Business School (full time) – Economics’ as the programme of study and inserting the reference numberNUBECON.
Only mandatory fields need to be completed, but a full and detailed CV, an outline research proposal of around 1,000 – 2,000 words, and a personal statement of around 500 words setting out your reasons for applying.
Applicants are encouraged to approach a member of staff relevant to their research area in the first instance, to discuss their interests, and with a view to working-up their outline proposal.
2 May 2015
Details of Economics and the School’s research activities, including the PhD programme, can be found on the School’s web pages. Informal enquires about the studentship may be made to:
Professor Colin Wren
PhD Director for Economics