Dreaming of an Undergraduate degree from Stanford University or the University of Chicago?
Launched in 2000, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program(OSSP) has made it possible for over 70 extraordinary Egyptian men and women to pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees at prestigious colleges and universities in the United States in fields that will enhance the economic prosperity of Egypt. The scholarships are merit based and include tuition expenses, a living allowance, health insurance, and other benefits. The program is funded by Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development to invest in the Egyptian youth to advance the Egyptian economy and improve the quality of life in the Egyptian society.
- Help outstanding Egyptian youth pursue educational opportunities at top universities in the United States in various fields of study.
- Insure that the Egyptian economy maintains its competitiveness by supplementing its workforce with a continuous stream of driven and talented professionals who are results-oriented.
Program Activities and Results
- More than 70 talented Egyptian men and women pursued academic degrees at top universities in the United States and have returned to Egypt, and they are currently contributing to Egypt's development.
- Two in five of the OSSP has been a female, reflecting the commitment of OSSP in enabling women to contribute to Egypt's development. They have pursued master's degrees in various fields of study.
What it covers
The scholarship covers:
- full tuition,
- living allowance,
- books, computer, health insurance and other benefits.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted online on the official website.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: