Onassis Foundation Fellowships Programme for International Scholars
The Foundation announces the twenty-second (22nd) annual Fellowships Programme for International Scholars starting on October 1st, 2016, addressed to non-Greeks, University Professors of all levels (Ph.D. holders), postdoctoral researchers and Ph.D. candidates.
The Program covers scholarly research (for Categories A and C/please see below) and the organization of lessons/seminars or lectures provided by the fellowship recipients (for Category A only, please see below), as invitees of a public Greek University, in Greece only and in the fields stated above.
1. Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
a) Persons of non-Greek descent
b) Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply for category A grants only, provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
c) Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for a grant or scholarship, provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities
d) Category A also applies to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad
e) The above mentioned clarification (d) also applies to Ph.D. candidates of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece (category C – please see below), have obtained a degree outside of Greece and permanently reside outside of Greece for more than fifteen (15) years
2. Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a grant or scholarship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous grant or scholarship.
3. Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a grant or scholarship cannot apply again to the Onassis Fellowships Programme for International Scholars.
4. No extension of the duration of the grant beyond the period mentioned in this announcement for each category will be permitted.
5. It is not possible to postpone or defer the grant to a later academic year.
6. The decision to authorize each application for a grant or scholarship is left to the absolute discretion of the Board of Directors of the Foundation. The Board takes into account the recommendations of the Foundation’s Scientific Committee, which is selected by the Board, but is not bound by these recommendations. Furthermore, the Board of Directors can either approve or reject an application without communicating the rationale. All meetings of the Board and all recommendations of the Committee are confidential and under no circumstances will they be communicated to the applicants. The submission of an application equals acceptance of all the conditions of the Announcement.
S.A. Representing the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation in Greece
Foreigners' Fellowships Program
7 Aeschinou Street
105 58 Plaka, Athens
[Verification code for the submission of the online application]
The required supporting documents can also be submitted by the candidate in person or via a representative at the above mentioned address.
2nd option for the submission of the application and the required supporting documents:
After carefully reading the Announcement, candidates fill out handwriting the application form (hardcopy). At the same time, candidates collect all of the required supporting documents and send the application form together with the supporting documents by registered mail until 26/02/2016 (date on postmark). Alternatively they may submit them in person or via a representative to the address mentioned above.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Frédérique Hadgiantoniou, E-mail: email@example.com Phone number: +30 210 37 13 018 Fax: +30 210 37 13 013 Address: 7 Aeschinou Street, 105 58 Athens