Onassis Foundation Fellowships Programme for International Scholars
The Foundation announces the twenty-second (22nd) annual Fellowships Programme for International Scholars starting on October 1st, 2016, addressed to non-Greeks, University Professors of all levels (Ph.D. holders), postdoctoral researchers and Ph.D. candidates.
The Program covers scholarly research (for Categories A and C/please see below) and the organization of lessons/seminars or lectures provided by the fellowship recipients (for Category A only, please see below), as invitees of a public Greek University, in Greece only and in the fields stated above.
1. Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
a) Persons of non-Greek descent
b) Cypriot citizens are also eligible to apply for category A grants only, provided they permanently reside and work outside Greece
c) Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) are also eligible to apply for a grant or scholarship, provided they permanently reside and work abroad or currently study in foreign Universities
d) Category A also applies to Scholars of Greek descent or citizenship provided they have a professional academic career of at least ten (10) years in a University or Research Institute abroad
e) The above mentioned clarification (d) also applies to Ph.D. candidates of Greek descent or citizenship, who pursue post-graduate studies outside of Greece (category C – please see below), have obtained a degree outside of Greece and permanently reside outside of Greece for more than fifteen (15) years
2. Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a grant or scholarship only if five (5) years have elapsed since their previous grant or scholarship.
3. Former Fellowship Recipients of the Foundation who have twice received a grant or scholarship cannot apply again to the Onassis Fellowships Programme for International Scholars.
4. No extension of the duration of the grant beyond the period mentioned in this announcement for each category will be permitted.
5. It is not possible to postpone or defer the grant to a later academic year.
6. The decision to authorize each application for a grant or scholarship is left to the absolute discretion of the Board of Directors of the Foundation. The Board takes into account the recommendations of the Foundation’s Scientific Committee, which is selected by the Board, but is not bound by these recommendations. Furthermore, the Board of Directors can either approve or reject an application without communicating the rationale. All meetings of the Board and all recommendations of the Committee are confidential and under no circumstances will they be communicated to the applicants. The submission of an application equals acceptance of all the conditions of the Announcement.
The Announcement and the relevant application forms are available:
1. Online at the Foundation’s website: www.onassis.org > Scholarships > Scholarships for Foreigners > Category A or C
2. By e-mail, the documents will be forwarded as attachments (Word & PDF files). Candidates must send their request to the following e-mail: email@example.com and clearly indicate the Category of the grant they are interested in
3. Candidates are invited to carefully read the Announcement before completing their application. The submission of the application (online, by post or in person) at the Foreigners’ Fellowships Department does not imply that the said application is accepted for further evaluation. Candidatures that do not meet even one of the conditions of the current Announcement are automatically withdrawn from the evaluation process. By submitting an application for an Onassis scholarship, candidates state clearly and unequivocally that they unconditionally accept all the terms of the Announcement and the relevant application
4. Candidates are required to submit all of the requested documents within the specified deadlines listed in this Announcement. In case of no submission of one of the mentioned documents within the stated period implies an unfavorable evaluation and / or rejection of the application
5. Those candidates who have already applied for a grant/scholarship within the last two years and wish to apply again this year do not have to submit all the required documents. Only the following are required: a) application form b) a new CV c) a new letter with the project proposal
6. Any correspondence with the Foundation as well as the nomination/application forms and all supporting documents, i.e. certificates, letters of recommendation, degrees, diplomas, university transcripts etc. must be written and submitted in Greek, English or French. Otherwise, they must be translated in one of those languages and the copies must be legalized by a Public Authority.
7. The submitted supporting documents will not be returned. Applicants are kindly requested to submit copies, legalized by a Public Authority, on A4 paper size [297x210mm].
8. Candidates are requested to submit their application and the supporting documents as follows:
1st option for the submission of the application and the required supporting documents
After carefully reading the Announcement, candidates complete the online application at the Foundation’s website: www.onassis.org > Scholarships > Scholarships for Foreigners > Category A or C > Online application. Candidates must keep the confirmation code of the submitted online application for future reference. At the same time, the candidate collects all of the required supporting documents and sends them by registered mail until 26/02/2016 (date on postmark) to the following address:
S.A. Representing the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation in Greece
Foreigners' Fellowships Program
7 Aeschinou Street
105 58 Plaka, Athens
[Verification code for the submission of the online application]
The required supporting documents can also be submitted by the candidate in person or via a representative at the above mentioned address.
2nd option for the submission of the application and the required supporting documents:
After carefully reading the Announcement, candidates fill out handwriting the application form (hardcopy). At the same time, candidates collect all of the required supporting documents and send the application form together with the supporting documents by registered mail until 26/02/2016 (date on postmark). Alternatively they may submit them in person or via a representative to the address mentioned above.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Frédérique Hadgiantoniou, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone number: +30 210 37 13 018 Fax: +30 210 37 13 013 Address: 7 Aeschinou Street, 105 58 Athens
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: