NUS Sports Scholarship
The NUS Sports Scholarship is awarded to highly-talented individuals who possess outstanding academic and sports participation and representation records. NUS Sports Scholars are uniquely well-rounded individuals who are committed to bring NUS Sports to greater heights.
Interested students should submit one common scholarship application to NUS to be considered for both tiers of the NUS Scholarships, the NUS Sports Scholarship and the NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship is offered to read an undergraduate course at NUS, and is tenable for the normal course duration. Scholarships offered under Dentistry, Law, Medicine and Music cannot be transferred across courses, while scholarships offered under other courses may be transferred to other courses, excluding Dentistry, Law, Medicine and Music.
- Recipients of the scholarship (scholars) may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from the University.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed every semester provided the scholar maintains a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.2 (or equivalent) and good conduct, and commits to and represents NUS in the relevant sport by attending varsity team trainings and representing NUS in major competitions etc.
- Scholars who require additional semester(s) to complete their studies due to their participation in the Student Exchange Programme or NUS Overseas Colleges Programme may submit an application for their scholarships to fund these additional semester(s), subject to case-by-case approval.
- Scholars will be required to take part in community involvement programmes or projects deemed appropriate and/or directed by the University.
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- The common online scholarship application for the NUS Scholarships, NUS Sports Scholarship and NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship will open from 1 February to 1 April every year. Scholarship applications can be submitted only after applications for admission to NUS have been submitted.
- Applicants are required to submit supporting documents (including academic results, CCA records and certificates of achievements) at our uploading facility, after completing the online scholarship application. One referee report is to be submitted online separately by your JC/Polytechnic/High School Principal or Tutor. An information sheet for referees can be downloaded here.
- NUS Sports Scholarships applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarships, based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the NUS Sports Scholarship selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for selection interview(s) will be informed via e-mail. Selection interviews will be conducted from April onwards, and applicants will be informed of their scholarship application outcomes by end June.
- NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.