This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) supports small research projects on cancer that can be carried out in a short period of time with limited resources. The R03 grant mechanism supports different types of projects including pilot and feasibility studies; secondary analysis of existing data; small, self-contained research projects; development of research methodology; and development of new research technology.
This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) supports discrete, well-defined projects in any area of cancer research using the NIH R03 small grant mechanism.
The NIH R03 small grant mechanism supports discrete, well-defined projects that realistically can be completed in 2 years and that require limited levels of funding. Examples of the types of projects that the R03 grant mechanism include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pilot or feasibility studies;
- Secondary analysis of existing data;
- Small, self-contained research projects;
- Development of research methodology; and
- Development of new research technology.
- Application Due Dates: February 28, 2017; June 27, 2017; October 26, 2017; February 27, 2018; June 29, 2018; October 26, 2018; February 26, 2019; June 28, 2019; October 25, 2019
- AIDS Due Dates: May 7, 2017; September 7, 2017; January 7, 2018; May 7, 2018; September 7, 2018; January 7, 2019; May 7, 2019; September 7, 2019; January 7, 2020
Higher Education Institutions
- Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
- Private Institutions of Higher Education
The following types of Higher Education Institutions are always encouraged to apply for NIH support as Public or Private Institutions of Higher Education:
o Hispanic-serving Institutions
o Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
o Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs)
o Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions
o Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs)
Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
- Small Businesses
- For-Profit Organizations (Other than Small Businesses)
- State Governments
- County Governments
- City or Township Governments
- Special District Governments
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized)
- Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized)
- Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government
- U.S. Territory or Possession
- Independent School Districts
- Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
- Native American Tribal Organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Faith-based or Community-based Organizations
- Regional Organizations
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions)
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: