Visiting Scholar Grants
Visiting Scholar Grants provide funding for researchers working on early Arab diaspora and migration to work at the Khayrallah Center for a period of 1 to 2 weeks. Researchers will have access to resources available at the Khayrallah Center’s archive.
Grant recipients and their research projects will be highlighted on the Khayrallah Center’s website and its social media and newsletter.
Each scholar is required to write a blog post of approximately 500 – 800 words to appear on the Center’s website about her or his project within 30 days of the end of the award period.
A complete application consists of three parts: title page, project proposal (including a 2-page CV) and a professional letter of recommendation.
- TITLE PAGE: Your title page with the following information:
- Title (Mr., Ms. Dr., Professor, etc.)
- Name (First and Last Name)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Institutional Affiliation (if a university then please include department)
- Project Title
- Length of Fellowship requested (1 or 2 weeks)
- Type of publication for which you are conducting research:
- Other: ___________________
- PROJECT PROPOSAL: The project proposal should include a description of the research project and its anticipated contributions to the field of migration studies. Successful applicants will demonstrate how the materials at the Khayrallah Center’s archive will benefit their research. Together, the proposal and CV should not exceed five (5) pages.
- Professional letter of recommendation.
- Submit all other application materials electronically in a single PDF file to Dr. Akram Khater
- Fall Deadline ~ For residency at the Khayrallah Center between September 15 and February 15, applications must be submitted by August 1st. Announcement of awardees will be on August 15th.
- Spring Deadline ~ For residency at the Khayrallah Center between February 15 and September 15, applications must be submitted by January 1st. Announcement of awardees will be on January 15th.
- Residency dates will be coordinated with the center director. Please keep in mind that the archives may not be accessible during U.S. national holidays and academic recesses.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.