Murdoch University offers Murdoch International Postgraduate Studentship awards which include a living allowance and a tuition fee sponsorship.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students for scholarships to undertake the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Doctor of Education (EdD) at Murdoch University in areas in which the University has specialised research strengths.
Murdoch University provides the successful applicant with a living allowance of AU $26,288 per annum (2016 rate) as well as a tuition fee sponsorship and health insurance premiums. The health insurance provides cover for the student only. Any successful applicants who wish to bring their dependents will be responsible for any additional costs.
Under the MIPS conditions travel and relocation costs are the responsibility of the applicant however Murdoch University provides the MIPS recipients with a (partial) allowance for relocation and airfares (based on receipts). Murdoch students also have access to a conference travel allowance once during the course of their degree, maintenance funding set by the Schools and a thesis production allowance.
Deadline for submission of applications for international scholarship awards is on 30th September of each year.
The award is for a maximum of three years for PhD and EdD studies. An extension of up to 6 months may be granted for PhD candidates.
- Check that you are eligible to apply
- Submit an expression of interest form (PDF document ) to Graduate Research
- If a supervisor can be found, you will be invited to submit a full application.
- Alternatively, search for a potential supervisor by yourself.
- Write your research proposal
- Once you have completed these tasks you are ready to apply.
You can apply for research degrees at any time during the year. Degrees that are comprised solely of a research project, such as a PhD, can be commenced at any time. If your degree includes coursework you will need to commence at the start of the relevant semester.
- Application form x1 copy
- Research proposal x1 copy
- Certified copies of your English test score (if applicable) x1 copy
- Certified copies of award certificates and full academic transcripts, including keys to the grading system used and
- English translation (if applicable). x1 certified copy of each document
- Birth certificate or passport x1 certified copy
- Curriculum Vitae x1 copy
- Referee reports x2 (sent directly to Graduate Research by your referee)
For more information please click on the "Further official information" link below.