MODUL University Vienna and the Vienna Tourist Board Scholarship
MODUL University Vienna and the Vienna Tourist Board invite interested candidates to apply for fully-funded PhD scholarship, sponsored by the Vienna Tourist Board. The intended focus of the PhD research is the compatibility of tourism and cities. The research will aim to identify strategies to minimize the negative impacts of tourism development in urban areas.
4-year tuition waiver with a total value of €45,000 plus an additional budget of € 5,000 dedicated to software procurement, conference participation, etc.
- Completed at least the equivalent of a bachelor's and master’s and/or diploma degrees (with a combined minimum duration of four years)
- An aptitude for conducting high quality research and making significant scholarly contributions to basic knowledge in field of business or one of the social or economic sciences
- Excellent spoken and written English skills (German is not a requirement)
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday May 31, 2016.
How to Apply
Applications marked 'Vienna Tourist Board PhD Scholarship' should be addressed to the Office of Admissions, c/o Dr. Markus Bernhard, and sent in one e-mail (preferable as a single PDF file)firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include the following application materials listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Letter of intent describing both research and career interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of academic transcripts from all tertiary-level institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendation from academic references such as a current or past instructor, advisor, or research supervisor
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: