Mitacs Standard Accelerate Internship
Standard Mitacs Accelerate applications are accepted throughout the year and projects may begin at any time. Please allow 6-8 weeks for proposal review and processing of single internship applications; please contact your Business Development representative for review timing of larger projects.
A Mitacs Accelerate application is comprised of the following documents:
- The proposal completed on the prepared template and submitted electronically. Proposals should be written in plain language but should also include relevant technical detail.
- The Memorandum signed by all partners (the intern, academic supervisor, partner supervisor and a representative from the Office of Research Services*).
- A current C.V. of the proposed intern (C.V. template is available if needed)
- Conflict of Interest Declaration form if applicable.
- Supporting documents if applicable. Additional documents may be required to support the proposal application. The proposal template outlines when these documents are needed.
Accelerate Clusters: Option for larger projects
- Mitacs Accelerate clusters are an alternative for larger research projects involving multiple Graduate students and/or Post-doctoral Fellows. Applicants may apply once for an Accelerate Cluster involving a minimum of three interns, at least six 4-month internship segments, and a minimum of one industrial partner.
- Cost-shared model for Clusters features improved leveraging on industry contributions.
- Scalable for even larger projects, accommodating multiple universities and industry partners if warranted, in projects that can span several years.
To apply for a Mitacs Accelerate internship cluster, please contact your business development representative.
Please note that you are required to:
- Prepare a final report at the conclusion of the project which details the research performed, its results and any recommendations
- Complete an exit survey within one month of the completion of the internship