About the program
Reed MIDEM, a company organised in the legal form of a société par actions simplifiée (simplified joint stock company) with a share capital of 310,000 € having its registered office at 27-33, quai Alphonse Le Gallo, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt, registered with the Paris Commerce and Companies Registry under the number B 662 003 557, is the official organiser of the first Midem Artist Accelerator Programme.
The Midem Artist Accelerator is designed to support managers, agents, labels and publishers as they look to grow their artists’ profiles globally.
The Midem Artist Accelerator will be supported by prestigious corporate partners (hereafter the “Partner(s)”), who shall actively participate to the selection, the accompanying of the finalists, may award the best projects.
Reed MIDEM undertakes to organise the event and to facilitate the professional gathering and opportunities between the Finalists and the Partners in each category. However, Reed MIDEM is not liable for the undertakings of each Partner vis à vis of the Finalist(s) nor concerned or bearing any possible liability for the future or possible contractual or not contractual relationship(s) between the Partner(s) and the Finalist(s). It is specified that the number of Partners collaborating on the competition is subject to change.
The “Midem Artist Accelerator” competition is open to all bands, managers, publishers, labels, agents and promoters from around the world (here-after the “Applicant’s), who would submit an artist /band (here-after the “Beneficiaries”) that fit the criteria here-below.
Be 18 years old or over
Be an individual artist or a band
Have a dedicated professional supporting team (manager, label, agent etc.)
Justify media coverage & solid presence on social networks
Have a recording or a publishing deal
Have a minimum of 5 official live performances booked between 2016 – 2017
Present a career development strategy (including export) with concrete short and long term objectives.
The Applicant need to: Apply before February 5, 2017 (by 15:00 GMT) on the Midem website.
FINALISTS WILL BE ENTITLED TO
- Free access to the four action-packed days at Midem;
- A live showcase at Midem;
- The opportunity to meet and pitch to leading music supervisors and senior executives during the Global Sync & Brands
- Summit (in association with A&R Worldwide/Musexpo);
- One-to-one sessions with our experts in publishing, marketing, strategy, legal, social media, etc;
- Mentoring and workshop sessions with members of the Artistic Committee and our selected partners;
- Free legal service by IAEL (International Association of Entertainment Lawyers);
- Artist/band’s song on the official Midem 2017 vinyl compilation;
- Promotion of the artist/band across all Midem communication channels;
- Access to the Midem VIP Club.
- Be 18 years old or over;
- Be an individual artist or a band;
- Have a dedicated professional supporting team (manager, label, agent etc.);
- Demonstrate media coverage and a solid presence on social networks;
- Have a recording or publishing deal;
- Have a minimum of 5 official live performances booked between 2016 – 2017;
- Present a career development strategy (including export) with concrete short and long term objectives.
- 28 Nov.: Call for entries open.
- 5 Feb.: Deadline for submissions.
- End of March: Finalists announced.
- 28 March – 21 April: Midem Community Vote
- (The TOP finalists will play at the Opening Party).
- End of April: Winners of “The Midem Community Vote” and “The Jury’s Coup de Coeur” announced.
- 6- 9 June: Midem
Who can apply?
The Artist Accelerator is open to all bands, managers, publishers, labels, agents and promoters from around the world who would like to submit an artist/band to benefit from this programme that fit the selection criteria.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: