About the scholarship
The Government of Flanders has launched a new scholarship programme in 2015, Master Mind Scholarships. For the academic year 2017-2018, it awards up to 45 scholarships to outstanding Master students from all countries. The programme aims to promote the internationalization of the Flemish Higher Education, as stated in the Action Plan for Student Mobility, Brains on the Move (September 2013).
Students cannot apply directly. Applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution.
For the Flemish Host Institutions:
Please find the guidelines for application at the bottom of this page.
You can find more information in the guidelines for application at the bottom of this page. However, you need to contact the Flemish higher education institution to inquire about their internal selection procedures and deadline for submitting the application.
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven: Hilde Nijs - firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Antwerp: International Relations Office - email@example.com -
- Ghent University: Charlotte Moulin - charlotte.moulin@Ugent.be
- Hasselt University: Liesbeth Oeyen - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel: International Relations - email@example.com
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy: Willem Bruyndonx - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp: Annelies Verstraeten - email@example.com
- Erasmus University College Brussels: Annelore Schittecatte - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karel de Grote University College: An Masschelin (study) - email@example.com / Charlotte Maeyens (internship) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LUCA School of Arts: Wim Aerts - email@example.com
- University College Ghent: Inez Adriaensen - firstname.lastname@example.org
General eligibility requirements
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree programme at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. He/she meets all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language requirements, for entering the Master programme in question offered by the Flemish host institution.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot appy
- The duration of mobility is minimum 1 academic year and maximum the full duration of the master programme. If the student obtains less than 45 ECTS in the first year, then he/she loses the scholarship in the second year.
- The incoming student is awarded a scholarship of maximum €7.500,- per academic year.
- The Flemish host institution can ask the applicant for a tuition fee of maximum €105,- per year, which equals the rate of the yearly tuition fee for a student from an underprivileged
- The Flemish Host Institution submits the application on behalf of the student. The host
- university or host university college also performs an academic check of the student’s file. If a scholarship is awarded to a student, the scholarship can be cancelled if the student is not accepted by the host university/university college on basis of academic grounds.
- The program holds for all study areas.
- There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from certain countries: Japan (3), Mexico (3), USA (5). If these numbers of scholarships are not taken up, they will be distributed among the other candidates.
The application needs to be submitted online by the Flemish host institution.
The deadline for applications by the Flemish host institution is 30th April 2017. Beware of internal deadlines set by the Flemish host institution.
A Flemish selection committee awards the scholarships, in cooperation with the Flemish Department of Education and Training.
Launch of call: December 2016
Deadline for application: 30th April 2017
Selection: May 2017
Announcement of selection results: June 2017
Start of mobility: September 2017, for the academic year 2017-2018
Should you have questions about the scholarship programme, you can contact the Flemish host institution or: email@example.com
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: