MARSHALL D. SHULMAN BOOK PRIZE
The Marshall D. Shulman Book Prize, established in 1987 and sponsored by the Harriman Institute of Columbia University, is awarded annually for an outstanding monograph dealing with the international relations, foreign policy, or foreign-policy decision-making of any of the states of the former Soviet Union or Eastern Europe published the previous year. The prize is dedicated to the encouragement of high quality studies of the international behavior of the countries of the former Communist Bloc. The Shulman Book Prize carries a cash award. The award is presented in November at the ASEEES Annual Convention.
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
Rules of eligibility for the Shulman book prize competition are as follows:
- The copyright date inside the book must list previous calendar year as the date of publication (for example the book must have been published in 2015 to be eligible for the 2016 competition).
- The book must be a monograph, preferably by a single author, or by no more than two authors.
- Authors may be of any nationality as long as the work is originally published in English.
- Works must be about international behavior of the countries of the former Communist Bloc.
- Textbooks, collections, translations, bibliographies, and reference works are ineligible.
Fill out and submit the form found on the official website to notify the Association of your intent to nominate a publication for ASEEES prizes.
Send one copy of eligible monograph to each Committee member (see addresses below) AND to the ASEEES main office (address in the footnote). Nominations must be received no later than April 15.
Submissions should be clearly marked “Marshall Shulman Book Prize Nomination.” If you would like to receive an acknowledgment that your nomination was received please enclose with the copy mailed to the ASEEES main office a note with your e-mail address or a self-addressed stamped envelope or a postcard. Please direct questions to Mary Arnstein (ASEEES Communications Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 MARSHALL D. SHULMAN BOOK PRIZE COMMITTEE
The winner of the Shulman Book Prize will be chosen by the following scholars:
Alexander Cooley, Barnard College, 2015-2017; Commitee Chair
420 W. 118th St, 1214 IAB
New York NY 10027
Rachel Epstein, U of Denver, 2017-2019
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 S. Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
Laura Henry, Bowdoin College, 2016-2017
Laura A. Henry
Department of Government and Legal Studies
9800 College Station
Brunswick, ME 04011
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: