About the grant
UC Berkeley graduate students are invited to apply for competitive grants of up to $1000 for research travel to South Asia (a total of two will be awarded), and up to $500 for conference travel (a total of two will be awarded) made available through a gift from the Maharaj Kaul Memorial Fund to the Institute for South Asia Studies.
The application process will begin on February 1, 2017 with the deadline for submission of application materials for travel or conferences to take place during the summer of 2017 (i.e., May through August 2017) or the 2017-18 academic year (i.e. August 2017 through May 2018), is April 17, 2017 by 5 pm.
APPLICATION PORTAL FOR RESEARCH TRAVEL
In your application for RESEARCH TRAVEL, please include the following:
- A cover letter stating the need for travel (750 words or less)
- A 2-page project proposal (double-spaced) (PDF format)
- A budget (only for research) (PDF format)
- A CV (PDF format)
- One letter of support from your advisor (PDF, sent by the recommenders directly)
Two awards of upto $1000 will be given for Research Travel to South Asia
APPLICATION PORTAL FOR CONFERENCE TRAVEL
CONFERENCE TRAVEL is only available for presenting your own research. In your application for conference travel, please include:
- A cover letter with information of the conference (500 words or less)
- If available, a print out or copy of the conference schedule showing your presentation listing (PDF format)
- An abstract of your presentation (PDF format)
- A CV (PDF format)
Applicants may apply before their panels/papers are accepted. Disbursement of the money will be conditional on acceptance of paper by a panel/conference.
Awardees will be reimbursed up to $500 of their travel expenses upon presentation of copies of air-tickets/panel registration forms.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: