Two-year MA program in Russian and Eurasian Studies (IMARES PLUS)
Introducing IMARES PLUS
International Master's degree program in Russian and Eurasian Studies is the oldest of the international MA programs in English language currently offered by the European University at Saint Petersburg since 1998. Like its core subject of study - the post-Soviet space - the Program has changed and developed over the past 18 years and is now available as a two-year Master's degree state accredited program. The IMARES PLUS program not only examines the past, but also interprets the most up to date events unfolding in this fascinating region. By combining analyses of past and present, our students gain a deep understanding of the political, economic, social, and cultural dynamics of the post-Soviet space.
Why Study Eurasia?
In its various forms (the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union, and the post-Soviet space), Eurasia has been the scene of some of the world’s most spectacular dramas during the last three centuries, including the rise and fall of empires and the successes and stagnations of strikingly different political and economic systems. It has followed a path from one of the world’s largest empires to the birth of nation states. It has been the battleground for Napoleonic Wars, Civil War, and two World Wars. During a turbulent history, the people of Eurasia experienced the contrasting forces of monarchy, socialism and fragile democracy, atheism and religious fundamentalism, and multiculturalism and ethnic conflict. Russia, Central Asia, the South Caucasus and Russia’s western neighbors have been testing the ground for political and economic theories, which left legacies that are still felt today. IMARES PLUS enables students to learn about the vast Eurasian region, the path of its development, the theory and the practice of different political and economic regimes throughout its history, and the ways in which these past experiences continue to influence developments today.
Application procedure and deadlines
There are 4 steps to apply for ENERPO Plus program at EUSP:
1. Complete the Application form and send us all the required documents:
- Scanned copy of your Passport
- Scanned copy of your Bachelor's degree diploma (or documentation that proves you will receive your diploma this year)
- Scanned copy of your Academic Transcript
- Your Statement of Purpose (about 500 words, including statement of goals, research interests and experiences, including the subject of your bachelor thesis)
- Two letters of recommendation from academics who are closely acquainted with your academic work
- Your Curriculum Vitae
Deadline: April 30, 2017
2. Attend an Interview via Skype (for shortlisted candidates)
3. Receive a Letter of Conditional Admission
4. Send us the scanned copies of your legalized*:
- Bachelor’s degree diploma
- Academic transcript
*Legalization means governmental confirmation that a public official’s signature, seal or stamp on the document is genuine. There are several types of legalization. Our Admissions Officer will provide you information about the legalization type you need.
It depends on the country and university you graduated in.
Deadline: August 14, 2017
Note: To start the program you should bring the originals of all documents before September 4, 2017.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.