Duration: 1 year
Workload: 60 credits
Next start: February 1, 2017
Application deadline: October 30, 2016
One-year intensive ENERPO Master’s degree program focus specifically on Eurasian energy affairs. In the 21st century competition and cooperation over the energy resourses has become one of key factors in the international affairs. You will learn and discuss a variety of topics including Russia-Europe and Russia-Asia energy relations and challanges, LNG and shale gas "revolutions", influence of energy sector on politics, economics and social development in Russia, Central Asia, Middle East and the Caucasus.
ENERPO is the only program in Russia that gives you the opprotunity to
- get an MA in Energy Politics in Eurasia in one year;
- select the courses by the leading scholars and experts;
- attend open lectures and special workshops;
- contribute articles to ENERPO Journal and the ENERPO Newsletter;
- study in English language, learn and improve your Russian;
- enjoy the life in St. Petersburg.
You will study energy international relations in the most open, independent and cosmopolitan academic environment in Russia with the best conditions to study Eurasian energy politics and getting Russia right.
ENERPO provides a solid basis for a career in international energy companies, academia, public service and mass media.
- Scanned copy of your Passport. Your international passport validity period must be at least 6 months following the date you are planning to leave Russia on completing the program (e.g. if you intend to stay in Russia until June 30, 2018 your passport expiry date shouldn't be earlier than December 30, 2018)
- Scanned copy of your Bachelor's degree diploma (or documentation that proves you will receive your diploma this year)
- Scanned copy of your Academic Transcript
- Your Statement of Purpose (about 500 words, including statement of goals, research interests and experiences, including the subject of your bachelor thesis)
- Two letters of recommendation from academics who are closely acquainted with your academic work
- Your Curriculum Vitae
Application selection procedure
Applications are assessed by the EUSP International Programs Admissions Committee, which is made up of the Dean, Academic Director and faculty members. On the basis of the documents submitted, the Admissions Committee evaluates each applicant's ability to complete the program successfully in one year. Applicants can expect an admission decision approximately two weeks after submitting a complete application.
- follow-up discussion sessions
- the language of instructions is English
- no more than 15 students in one class allowed
To complete the MA degree, the student must have a total of 60 Credits – 48 Credits from courses and 12 Credits from an MA thesis. The student may choose to distribute these credits over the two semesters. That is, it is possible to take only 18 credits in the first semester and 30 credits in the second.
Additionally, a student may audit as many classes as his or her schedule allows.
Courses which have been selected by fewer than 3 students will not be taught during the given semester.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.