PhD in Music: Leonard and Marion Jones Music Scholarship Award
|Application deadline||15 May 2017|
|Start date||October 2017|
|Duration||3 years (full-time), or 5 years (part-time)|
|Level of study||Postgraduate research|
|Award type||PhD studentship|
|Number of studentships||1|
The Cardiff School of Music is pleased to announce the Leonard and Marion Jones Music Scholarship award for doctoral research at the School of Music. Applications are invited from outstanding applicants. The School welcomes doctoral applications in the areas of research by thesis, composition and performance.
|Tuition fee support||Other|
|The studentship amount is £5,000 per annum, to be paid as tuition fee contributions and a small yearly stipend.|
|Maintenance stipend||The reminder of the £5000 not used for tuition fees will be paid as a one off stipend to the successful student at the beginning of the academic year.|
|Additional funding offered||£1,200 over the length of the candidature to support attending conferences, obtaining research materials, recording performances of their music, or conducting relevant research away from Cardiff|
|Residency||This call is open to applicants who are Welsh-born or domiciled (UK, EU, or international)|
We are seeking confident, innovative postgraduates with a record of achievement. Eligible applicants should have, or expect to achieve, either a Master's degree with distinction or merit from a UK university or an equivalent qualification from outside of the UK, or have suitable professional experience.
How to Apply
- Submit a completed application by 12:00pm 15 May 2017 for admission to either the full-time or the part-time Doctor of Philosophy in Music (start date of 1 October 2017). In the funding section of your application, please select 'I will be applying for a scholarship/grant' and specify that you are applying for advertised funding from the Leonard and Marion Jones Music Scholarship Award.
- Submit the following documentation (attached to a single email with the subject School of Music Studentship) to ParkinVA@cardiff.ac.uk:
- A letter of application stating your reasons for wishing to pursue PhD study.
- A short abstract of the proposed PhD study (maximum 500 words)
- A full research proposal for the PhD study (maximum 1500 words, excluding references)
- A CV
- Official transcripts of previous higher education degrees
- Two academic references
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants may apply to both this award and the School of Music studentships but should note this in their cover letter.
The same documents can be used in support of both the scholarship and admission applications but should be submitted separately – i.e. studentship application documents emailed to ParkinVA@cardiff.ac.uk and University admission application documents uploaded via the online system.
We reserve the right to close applications early should sufficient applications be received.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: