The Metropolitan Museum of Art offers two fellowships (each for a two-year term) annually to scholars studying Cubism or a related topic. One position is intended for a predoctoral candidate who is embarking on his or her dissertation; the other fellowship is reserved for a qualified postdoctoral scholar at any stage of his or her career. All Lauder Fellows are expected to contribute to the activities and programming of the Leonard A. Lauder Research Center.
All fellows must be in residence at the Metropolitan Museum during the fellowship period. All fellowships must take place between September 1, 2016, and August 31, 2018. The stipend amount for one year is $55,000 for senior fellows and $45,000 for predoctoral fellows.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online and in English. We will not accept applications or related materials via email, postal mail, or in person.
The online application will require you to provide the following:
1. Documents as Microsoft Word or PDF files:
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- Project proposal including:
- A two-part statement, not to exceed one thousand words, specifying what you wish to accomplish during the fellowship period and detailing how you can utilize the Museum's resources to accomplish your goals
- Tentative schedule of work to be accomplished during the fellowship period
- Tentative schedule of travel required (maximum of six weeks) during the fellowship period
- For predoctoral applicants only: official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- List of any non–Metropolitan Museum fellowships or grants for which you have applied in the same period
2. Contact information for three recommenders (at least one academic and one professional), none of whom may be current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff. Once you have submitted your recommenders' names, titles, and email addresses, they will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading their letters online. Please note that each letter must include the recommender's complete title and contact information. We encourage recommenders to submit letters in English.
The deadline for all application materials, including transcripts and letters of recommendation, is November 6, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. (ET).
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us.
All applicants for the 2016–2018 term will be notified by March 6, 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: