PhD Fellowship sponsored by the Hulsewé-Wazniewski Foundation
Faculty of Humanities, Leiden Institute for Area Studies and Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society are looking for a
PhD Fellowship sponsored by the Hulsewé-Wazniewski Foundation (1,0 fte)
Vacancy number 17-084
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field. Candidates near completion of the degree will be considered.
- An excellent command of English.
The Hulsewé-Wazniewski Foundation (HWS), for the advancement of teaching and research in the archaeology, art, and material culture of China at Leiden University seeks applications for a funded four-year PhD fellowship, starting September 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Terms and conditions
The HWS fellowship entails a stipend of € 80,000 and € 12,000 for fieldwork, archival research, conference attendance and so on. Stipend payments will be made by HWS directly to the fellow. The award of the fellowship is contingent upon nomination by the search committee and admission of the nominee to the Graduate School by the management of the Institute for Area Studies (LIAS) and/or the Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS).
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Queries can be directed to prof. dr. Maghiel van Crevel, secretary to the HWS board, at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received no later than 24 April 2017. Applications should be in English, and be submitted email@example.com. Please ensure that you include in a single PDF document named ‘FAMILY NAME – Given name – vacancy number and in this order:
• A CV including education and employment history, proficiency in source languages and research languages, publications, and any other relevant information;
• A one-page letter of motivation;
• A research proposal of no more than four pages with clear relevance to the Foundation’s mission, accompanied by an annotated sample bibliography of no more than two pages. For some pointers on the proposal;
• A writing sample in English of 10-20 pages;
• Names, positions and email addresses of two referees (no reference letters).
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: