Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition (LKYGBPC) derives its name from Singapore’s founding prime minister, who developed the country’s defining business plan bringing the Asian city onto the global stage.
It is this spirit of intelligence, entrepreneurship, innovation and ambition the competition enshrines as it invites the brightest minds from the world’s most entrepreneurial universities to come together to tackle the challenges of the 21’st century.
The competition is a platform for Singapore to engage with the global innovation & entrepreneurship community, and showcase our innovation capability and ambition to the rest of the world.
This year participants are invited to propose innovative technology/data centric products and services that address the opportunities and challenges a smart city faces in the following areas:
|Launch of Competition||Monday, 20th March 2017|
|Submission Deadline||Friday, 16th June 2017|
|Announcement of Finalists||Friday, 14th July 2017|
|Acceleration Programme for Finalists||Monday, 11th September - Friday, 15th September 2017|
|Finals (Awards presentation and after party)||Friday, 15th September 2017|
Teams must meet all the following eligibility requirements in order to be selected to compete:
- Student Enrolment:
The competition is open to all full time university students (including undergraduate, postgraduates and doctoral students), college and polytechnic students.
- Team Size & Composition:
Each team can have at least 2 and up to 5 members, with at least one core member being current university students.
Each individual member may be a part of only one team. In the event members are part of more than one team, all such teams will be disqualified.
- Nature of Venture:
The competition is for new, independent ventures in the seed, start-up, or early growth stages. Ventures should not exceed more than US$250,000 in gross revenue and have raised not more than US$250,000 in equity funding as at 16th June 2017 (excluding funds invested by founders).
- All submitted materials must be the original work of the participating team.
- Each team is eligible to submit one idea. In the event of multiple submissions by a team, the last submission made by the team will be considered for evaluation.
- All business plans and presentations are to be written in English.
- All timings indicated are in the Singapore time zone (+0800 GMT).
- Innovativeness of Business Idea
- Commercial Feasibility
- Impact of Idea - Market, Societal Impact & Sustainability
- Capability to Execute
Teams will participate in intensive startup workshops, attend events featuring prominent entrepreneurs and venture capitalists in Asia, have direct access to acclaimed mentors and visit key innovation hotspots in Singapore.
All expenses paid: Return flights, accommodation, meals & transport.
The submission package will include:
- One page executive summary (not more than 500 words, in pdf)
- Powerpoint presentation (no more than 20 slides, in pdf)
- Video presentation (no longer than 5 minutes, mp4 is preferred, resolution no greater than 360 pixel)
Shortlisted teams will be invited to participate in an all expenses covered Acceleration Programme from 11th – 15th Sept 2017 in Singapore. The result will be announced by Friday, 14th July 2017.
The Semi-Finals will take place on 14th Sept 2017.
- Teams will draw lots to determine the order of presentation.
- Each team will be given a total of 20 minutes (including time for Q&A from the judges).
One winner from each of the four Smart City categories will be selected to participate in the Grand Finals on 15th Sept. 2017.
The 4 category winners will compete to become the grand winner in the final presentation on 15th Sept 2017.
Each team will be given a total of 20 minutes (including time for Q&A from the judges).
Awards Presentation Ceremony will take place after the grand finals. All the participating teams will be invited to attend the Ceremony.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: