The Lady Davis Trust offers two different Fellowships:
- for Visiting Professors
- for Post-doctoral researchers
The minimum criteria for eligibility are:
For Visiting Professors:
1. Please read carefully the paragraph below headed, "You must have an academic sponsor..."
2. You must be a Full or an Associate professor.
3. Visiting Professorships are only awarded to candidates who apply from Universities outside of Israel .
4. Visiting Professors are typically expected to teach. The Academic Committee will favourably view an application that includes an intention to teach courses or participate in or lead seminars. Visiting Professors also engage in research with their hosts, or interact with other Faculty members. The precise mix of activities will be mutually decided upon by the Visitor and his/her academic sponsor.
5. Visiting Professors who have been awarded a Fellowship for 2016-17 may reapply for another providing at least 3 academic years have elapsed between applications. In other words, a Visiting Professor, who has been awarded a Fellowship for 2016-17,
may apply again for the year 2020-21.
Deadline for Applications
For the academic year from October 1st, 2018 to September 30th, 2019:
Visiting Professorships Deadline:
November 30th, 2017
Post-doctoral Researchers Deadline:
December 31st, 2017
Post-doctoral Researchers (one year extension) Deadline:
December 31st, 2017
One Year Extensions
- A letter from the candidate explaining the request for the extension.
- A supporting letter from the sponsor confirming the request for the extension which must include a written commitment to fund half the cost of the Fellowship (see the note below).
- Updated CV - Please be sure to include your current address and telephone number. Please do not simply send a photocopy of what you sent us the previous year. Your updated CV must at least include a line stating which Fellowship you were awarded, whether Lady Davis or otherwise.
- Updated List of Publications