Academic Excellence Scholarships ($10,000 - $20,000)
La Trobe's Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES) cover tuition fees for high-achieving international students accepted into our undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs. Worth between $10,000 and $20,000, these scholarships are paid across a maximum of two semesters (or 12 months).
If you receive this scholarship, you still need to pay for any difference in fees for your first two semesters, fees for the rest of your course, and your Overseas Student Health Cover. To continue receiving your scholarship into your second semester, you must maintain a C grade average.
Who is eligible?
You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand and be applying to start an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. You must also have scored 85% or equivalent in your previous degree/award, and meet our English language and academic entry requirements. You are not eligible if you are starting a Higher Degree by Research, exchange program, Study Abroad program, ELICOS and Foundation Studies program, or Diploma course.
How to apply
After you receive your offer, complete a scholarship application form [PDF 76KB] and submit it to La Trobe International at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AES Deadlines for Semester 2 2016 are:
- General - Friday 6 May 2016
- LTM Completers - Friday 17 June 2016
AES Deadlines for Semester 1 2017 are:
- Friday 9 September (Round 1)
- Friday 11 November (Round 2)
Friday 6 January (Round 3)
Terms and conditions
The Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship :
- is not transferable across courses and only applies to your current offer.
- will remain valid if you take an approved leave of absence and return to study.
- will not be valid if you defer the intake of your course and will cease to be valid if you withdraw from your course after the census date (in which case you would be liable for the full debt for the teaching period in which you withdrew).
- will not apply to tuition fees for a subject from which you withdraw after the census date. In this case, you will be liable for the full debt of the subjects withdrawn late. Commencing students at La Trobe University are eligible to only receive one scholarship.
- In the instance where you have been offered more than one scholarship, the scholarship of greater value will be applied.
- is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, as their numbers are limited.
- is not available to La Trobe University Alumni.