In July 2015, the Kosovo Center of Diplomacy, in cooperation with University College “Victory”, will organize the third edition of its international summer program, the Kosovo International Summer Academy” in Prishtina, Kosovo, with a special focus in “Peace building in post-conflict areas – Diplomacy, Leadership and Negotiations”. The uniqueness of Kosovo International Summer Academy is the association with the professors and guest lecturers from the world’s top universities, government officials and ambassadors. KSA will be welcoming experts from different levels that will be teaching and sharing their academic and professional experiences with our participants, as well as will give the chance to our participants to take the information from the first hand. Kosovo International Summer Academy elaborate different topics on economics, politics, diplomacy, professional etiquette and protocol, leadership, peaceful conflict resolution, EU Integration process, international law, human rights, international Justice, international security and the role of civil society in building peace in interactive lectures with diplomats, high level officials, representatives of civic society and prestigious local and international organizations.
Our Staff is working intensively to make sure that high-ranking officials of Kosovo, including President of Kosovo, Government and Parliament officials, and representatives of diplomatic missions in Kosovo will address the participants.
After the completion of the program, participants are requested to write an essay about their experience in this program, or an article related to Kosovo. The best essay/article will be translated and published in a Kosovo daily newspaper, and two others will be posted in web-page of Kosovo Center of Diplomacy(Opinions section)
Awarded Certificates and ECTS
All participants and attendees who fulfill the requirements during the program will be awarded with certificates by the Kosovo Center of Diplomacy and University College “Victory”.
Successful students will receive 4 ECTS credits of the course of ‘’Negotiation and Conflict Resolution’’, issued by the University College ‘’Victory’’.
- Citizens of all countries in the world are eligible to apply
- You must be over the age of 18
- High school graduates, undergraduate and graduate students are eligible
- You must be in good academic standing
- To have valid health insurance for the duration of your stay in Kosovo.
Application Form (download here)
- A completed application form is necessary to register for the Kosovo International Summer Academy. A confirmation letter will be sent by e-mail to all applicants upon reception of the application. All applicants will additionally be informed by e-mail regarding the decision of KSA Admissions Committee.
A completed application form with all supporting documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Kosovo International Summer Academy Application Form. Should you have additional questions regarding the admission process or any other concerns related to Kosovo Summer Academy 2015, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: email@example.com .
You will need to upload the following documents:
- Application form
- Passport photo (jPEG format)
- Letter of Support (optional)
The tuition fee for the Kosovo Summer Academy is 850 EUR.
Program fee covers the following:
- Tuition – Tuition fee for the courses.
- Accommodation in Hotel Victory – The program fee covers accommodation during the length of the programme.
- Transportation between Prishtina International Airport and the hotel.
- Meals – All scheduled meals are included in the program fee.
- Coffee break – All scheduled coffee and drinks between courses are included in the program fee.
- Vocational trips – All scheduled vocational trips(entrance fees of visits to museums, galleries, etc.) are included in the program fee.
Visa Expenses, Travel Arrangements and costs of Insurance
Visa requirements and costs differ among countries. For more information regarding visa requirements, please click here. If you can’t find the country your are searching for, please contact us and we will provide you the necessary information upon your request.
All participants are responsible for travel arrangements/expenses, health insurance and associated VISA costs(if needed) to Kosovo.
Scholarships awarding criteria
The following criteria are considered in the admissions process:
- Submitting your application early
- Financial need
- Merit and existing leadership experience
- Intercultural experience
Payment and Refund Policy
All accepted students will be required to pay a deposit of 250 EUR within one month from the date of their acceptance.
After the selection process, accepted students will receive further information regarding payment (bank account number etc.) via email.
Please note that the Kosovo International Summer Academy cannot be responsible for any bank charges incurred in the transfer of fees. All bank charges, including those incurred overseas and in Kosovo, are the responsibility of the person making the payment.
The deposit will be refunded 100% (excluding the bank transfer fee) if cancellation notice is given more than 30 days before the program start.
Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the start of the program/non arrivals are not eligible for a refund of deposit.
- Priority deadline: May 1st, 2015. Scholarships will be given priority to applications received before this deadline. Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis and earlier applications are given priority.
- Visa Deadline: May 5th, 2015 (This Deadline applies if you need a visa to enter Kosovo)
- Final Deadline: June 5th, 2015
Early application is recommended as the number of participants is limited.
*Our staff will inform you of your status, generally within a few days after you submit the application.
If you have further concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: