Koç University Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations will offer a brand new intensive program this summer. The Summer Program for Ottoman and Turkish will be conducted in Beyoglu, Istanbul. It is open to graduate students interested in contuining their study of Ottoman. The program will also offer additional courses in both Persian and Turkish language to those who want to improve their skills.
The program will give participants the chance to read and translate Ottoman Turkish texts in various contexts. The readings will include histories, hagiographies, literary texts, legal documents, court registers, etc.
For those who are accepted in the program are expected to do the following steps:
2. Transfer the tuition fee to one of the accounts here
with the explanation "Ottoman Summer Program"
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm that you have made the payment.
Tuition for Summer 2015 will be 2,650 EUR / 3,000 USD.
Please note that airfare and visa expenses are each participants’ own responsibility.
The tuition includes:
Accommodation at RCAC
Accommodation at Koç Main Campus between August 2nd - 7th
All course material
Dinner four days a week
All expenses of field trips
Full access to the RCAC Library
We will offer a limited number of scholarships based on need and merit.
The scholarships can be categorized as;
1. Full Scholarships (Candidates will only be required to pay for airfare and personal expenses)
2. Half Scholarships (Candidates will be asked to pay half of the total tuition. They will also be asked to pay for airfare and personal expenses
3. Sâmiha Ayverdi and Ilhan Ayverdi Scholarship from Kubbealtı Academy Culture and Art Foundation (2 half scholarships will be awarded to Turkish students only).
We will announce the number of scholarships very soon.