Chevening Gurukul Fellowship Programme for Leadership and Excellence
The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship Programme for Leadership and Excellence is the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s flagship fellowship for India and has run for 19 years. The fellowship is aimed at high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds, with a strong and demonstrable leadership potential. It explores changing ideas and practices of leadership and exploring the implications of globalisation for Indian leaders.
About the fellowship programme
The Chevening Gurukul Fellowship Programme for Leadership and Excellence addresses the issues faced by leaders in all fields – ’how to lead more effectively’ – by analysing changing ideas and practices of leadership and exploring the implications of globalisation for Indian leaders. It aims to provoke critical thinking and provides unique opportunities for fellows to test their own hypotheses with policy makers and practitioners as well as with academics and opinion leaders.
About King's College London
King’s College London is one of England’s oldest and most prestigious university institutions: a multi-faculty research-led university college based in the heart of London.
King's College is a public research university located in London, United Kingdom, and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It is the third oldest university in England, having been founded by King George IV and the Duke of Wellington in 1829, receiving its royal charter in the same year. In 1836 King's became one of the two founding colleges of the University of London.
What does this fellowship include?
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from India to the UK
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship Programme for Leadership and Excellence, you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least ten years’ work experience prior to applying
- Be a mid-career professional with strong leadership potential in a wide range of sectors including state or central government, private sector, media, and civil society
- Have a good working knowledge of English to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor
- Have a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent professional training or work experience in a relevant area at the time of application
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the programme
How to apply
Applicants for this fellowship programme will need to submit their application through the Chevening online application system. Prior to applying please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
Please note that only documents in PDF or JPG format can be uploaded and cannot be over 5MB in size.
Applications for this award are open between 21 December 2015 and 7 March 2016. To apply for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship Programme for Leadership and Excellence please click Apply below.