Vice Chancellor's Research Scholarships
For 2016/17 we also have one Vice Chancellor's Research Scholarship to award to a new PhD research student. The award covers a fee waiver (HOME/EU amount), a stipend and a payment for teaching. The award is usually given for 3 years subject to satisfactory progression.
- Candidates must hold a good Honours degree (First or 2i) or a Master’s degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
- The scholarship competition is open to all new postgraduate research applicants.
- Current Kent research students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- UK, EU and overseas fee paying students are invited to apply. Please note that overseas students must have the appropriate documentation to evidence eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications are considered throughout the year, though typically enrolment occurs in September or January.
You will need two academic references before your application can be considered. References must come directly from the referee, and should not be forwarded by the applicant themselves.
Please also submit a thorough and well-presented proposal.
Your research proposal will be forwarded to one of our two research centres: The Centre for research in European Architecture, which specialises in the history, theory and practice of architecture and urban design; or to CASE, the Centre for Architecture and Sustainable Environment. We recommend taking a look at your proposed Centre’s website and showing, in your proposal, how your work will link with that of the Centre you choose. If you have proposed supervisor in mind, please state this in your application.
Your application must include a proposal of about 500 words that makes at least brief reference to a number of key points:
- Your research questions
- Your proposed research methods
- The background to your research and current work in the field
- Your suggested schedule of work, in outline
- Your proposed contribution to the work of our research centre environment
- A bibliography of existing texts in the field of your proposed research
The deadline by which all eligible research doctoral applicants are guaranteed consideration for funding is 30 January 2017.
To APPLY click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: