In view of the upcoming stage of the EU co-funded project "Maximising the Social and Economic Impact of Migration for a Better Future in Armenia" that foresees the disbursement of grants for business initiatives in Lori Region, CISP requires the assistance of a Social Economist.
The Social Economist will assist the Project Management for the preparation, conduction and follow-up of training on business plan development in Lori Region.
The training will be followed by the disbursement of grants for the best sustainable business plans, elaborated with the support of the consultant and CISP project's staff.
The incumbent will have coordination meetings in Yerevan.
Objective/Purpose of the Assignment:
The Project Social economist will assist the Project Management especially the Project Manager during the implementation of the project activities and namely referring to the assistance in the preparation, conduction and follow-up of a TRAINING ON BUSINESS PLAN DEVELOPMENT in Lori Region.
The incumbent will work closely with the staff under the supervision and direction of the Project Manager and CISP Armenia Country Representative for the attainment of this project's goal.
Duties and Responsibilities of Consultant
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and CISP Armenia Country Representatives the Social Economist will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Draft key documents and a methodology for training on business plan development (in English and Armenian languages), agendas and/ or background documentation;
- Conduct training according to the calendar of activities to be agreed before the training's implementation stage;
- Identify the educational needs of training's participants, developing the training programme, instructing others; coach, mentor, help others to improve their knowledge or skills;
- Estimate the information of business plans to be developed estimating sizes, distances, and quantities of products; determine time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a business activity (mainly agricultural and food processing related activities);
- Evaluate information to determine compliance with Armenian standards, laws and regulations;
- Elaborate a final report on the business plan training conducted (in English and Armenian languages);
- Undertake other duties as per the requirements of the Project Team.
The consultant will report to the CISP Armenia Project Manager and Country Representative
Project Staff, project partners’ representatives
Lori region dwellers (trainees), National and local authorities, international organisations, civil society organisations, business actors
THE PERSON CONTRACTED WILL HAVE:
- Master's degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or a related field;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in business plan development for social and economic development projects and business entities in Armenia.
- Sound knowledge of recent tax regimes, incentives and opportunities for business and start-ups and investment in Armenia;
- Computer literacy including word processing, knowledge of spreadsheets and PowerPoint; experience in conducting analysis by using statistical software.
- be a good team member;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, commitment to team work
- Work with positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills in English and Armenian
- Ability to work effectively, take initiative and deliver results, even under pressure.
- Excellent analytical, research, report writing and presentation skills; knowledge of statistical packages;
- Good communication skills with the ability to process and classify information quickly and efficiently for non-expert public;
- Experience abroad will be a strong added value.
The Project Social economist shall be selected based on the individual consultant selection method of the CISP selection guidelines. Main criteria for the selection will be enthusiasm and relevant work experience and qualifications.
The Project Social economist will be asked to perform the assigned duties for a period of one month.
The Project Social economist is expected to work 1 MONTH mainly in Lori Region, except otherwise situation demands travel in Yerevan on project related matters (coordination meetings)
Main station Vanadzor, Armenia with travels within the Lori region on project related matters as needed
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Qualified candidates may submit their CVs with cover letters in the English language to: firstname.lastname@example.org. "Social Economist" should be written in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interviews.
To learn more about CISP visit the website: http://www.developmentofpeoples.org/.