Full Or Part Time: Full-time
Review will begin on June 19 and continue until position is filled
The School of Public Policy (SPP) at Central European University (CEU) is a growing graduate school dedicated to multi-disciplinary study of public policy, innovative teaching and research, and meaningful engagement with policy practice.
The Recruitment Coordinator will support SPP’s recruitment and admissions activities across its four graduate programs. The individual will report to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Administration and Finance and will work closely with the Student Affairs Coordinator, Digital Communications Manager, program coordinators, CEU Recruitment Office, and SPP staff and faculty.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
• Assist with the design and implementation of a prospective student outreach strategy
• Communicate with prospective and accepted students by responding to regular prospective student inquiries, messaging target profile groups, and drafting messages pre-event and post-event
• Compile an outreach schedule, identify staff and faculty representatives, and represent SPP at virtual sessions, open houses, fairs and recruitment events, and at other on/off campus locations
• Support the admissions process including the review of written applications, applicant interviews, and notification of acceptances
• Promote the School among SPP partners
• Perform administrative duties such as mailing brochures, emailing promotional materials, scheduling meetings and interviews, inputting student information, hanging up posters, scanning and photocopying, and updating promotional materials such as PowerPoint presentations/Prezi for faculty, staff, and students
• Gather data and statistics and regularly produce progress reports
The ideal candidate will:
• Be committed to supporting student activities and other school-building initiatives
• Take an interest in understanding the needs of students and have a service-oriented mindset
• Be proactive and express a willingness to learn new skills and tasks
• Adhere to a high professional code of conduct especially with students and be able to work with confidential information including personal data and sensitive feedback and communications
• Deadline-oriented, highly organized, and attentive to details as it relates to both data integrity and communications
• Strong project and process management skills
• Strong quantitative and qualitative reporting skills
• University degree; a master’s degree is preferred
• At least one year of relevant experience
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; knowledge of Hungarian and other languages is an asset
• Available for duties outside normal office hours from time to time.
A competitive salary is offered.
The initial contract is for 2 years with renewable option.
About the School of Public Policy
In the words of its founder, George Soros, SPP is a “new kind of global institution dealing with global problems.” In its degree and non-degree programs, SPP aims to create an educational experience that involves not only the acquisition of skills and knowledge but also the cultivation of a mindset that emphasizes entrepreneurship, innovation, cultural awareness, and a commitment to the public good. Building on Central European University’s rich tradition of promoting diversity and open societies, SPP cultivates a rigorous interdisciplinary environment and strives to become a dynamic laboratory of ideas.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: