JOB - Consultant to develop Child Safeguarding Policy
Starting from 2009 Armenian Caritas (AC) is directly involved in child protection work in Armenia and at the moment operates 4 Little Prince day care centers for children with difficult life circumstances and Emili Aregak center for children and youth with multiply disabilities. Starting from June 2016 AC has been implementing “Child Safeguarding Policy” project which overall objective is “To ensure the safety of children within all children projects of AC through elaboration and application of the Child Safeguarding Policy and procedures”. Project purpose is “The increased level of safety of children and prevention of abuse within Armenian Caritas projects.” It is clear that no policy can offer complete protection for children, but following standards and procedures fixed in CSP paper, we aim to minimize the risk of children’s abuse and exploitation. By implementing these standards, for all representatives of AC will be clear how they are expected to behave with children and what to do if there are concerns about the safety of a child. By implementing these standards organizations make clear their commitment to keeping children safe. The standards will help them to move towards best practices in this area and deter potential abusers from joining the organization.
To address this situation AC is currently looking for a experienced consultant to develop a Child Safeguarding Policy of AC.
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall objective of the consultancy will be to support the development of “Child Safeguarding Policy” and procedures for Armenian Caritas. The consultant will be expected to work directly with CSP project staff and AC’s Child protection working group to develop CSP paper. The consultant will also be expected to advice AC on policy implementation.
Scope of the work
The development of Child Safeguarding Policy of AC will be led by external consultant in close coordination with CSP project staff. The consultant will coordinate and collaborate with AC’s Child protection working group for this purpose. The consultant will be responsible for undertaking following tasks:
- To develop and implement self-assessment on different organizational levels.
- To facilitate internal round table discussion within AC for discussing main results of self- assessment.
- To facilitate 3 day long workshop for development of AC CSP paper and procedures. The workshop must rely on participatory methods, including brainstorming sessions.
- To draft CSP, procedures and implementation plan.
- To facilitate presentations of draft policy for AC staff, volunteers and stakeholders.
- To prepare final version of CSP, procedures and implementation plan.
Methods and Tools
Following methods can be used to complete the above mentioned tasks and fulfil the purpose as defined by this ToR.
1. Desk review of the relevant documents
4. Workshop with AC staff members
Key qualification, experience and skills of the consultant
- University degree in the relevant field;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Child care and Child protection issues in RA
- Extensive work experience and proven record in Children oriented projects, Child care and protection systems. (at least 5 years)
- Demonstrate experience of having undertaken similar assignments
- Good analytical and documentation/report writing skills
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Advanced knowledge of English
Duration of task completion
The assignment is estimated to be completed by October 15, 2016.
The consultant will work closely with CSP project staff and AC Child protection working group. All deliverables will be submitted to AC on date as mutually agreed during the inception meeting. The reports will be reviewed by project staff.
The consultant should submit following key deliverables,
- Inception report: Outlining details of activities with proposed methodology and timeline/ delivery dates
- Schedule of workshop and sessions plan
- Draft CSP paper for feedback and comments
- Final CSP paper (e copy) in Armenian and English, including implementation plan
- Workshop report
The payment will be made as follows:
1st instalment – 40% (after signing the agreement); and
Final instalment – 60% (after submission of final deliverables)
Procedure for submission of expression of interest
Please submit an application letter including remuneration requirements, contact information and an updated CV (Maximum till 4 pages) by pressing APPLY ONLINE bellow this announcement.
DEADLINE - 14th of July 2016, 16:30.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.