The British Embassy in Armenia is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas is now looking for a Communications Officer, grade A2, based in Yerevan.
The main purpose of this job is to be responsible for day-to-day digital engagement, handling journalistic enquiries, writing short reports and media summaries, and initiating and organising all public diplomacy activities of the Embassy.
The job holder must have a clear understanding of the traditional and social media scene, be confident in writing in English and Armenian, dealing with journalists, have a strong grasp of politics and show a high level of personal drive to generate and implement ideas without close supervision.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Build on our very successful day-to-day digital engagement (Embassy website and social media). Select, translate, proof-read, draft and publish communications on Embassy website and social media, including news items, web-features, posts, tweets, etc.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders in the FCO and across the Armenian media.
- Develop and implement annual Communications Plan, digital and media, in line with communications policy and strategies.
- Develop ideas/competitions/collaborations to keep content interesting. Research local digital trends, analyse and profile key target audiences Public diplomacy.
- Set-up and supervise press conferences and interviews with the Ambassador and other high-profile visitors, acting as interpreter during ad-hoc short interviews at events.
- Plan, organise and brief for, public diplomacy events and campaigns, including visits, projects, press conferences and interviews, looking for creative ways to communicate UK priorities and values. Ensure a digital element to activity wherever possible, and evaluate impact.
- Handle publicity and promotional materials, including FCO and Embassy corporate branding and campaigns
- Monitor the media and support the political officer, and senior UK staff with summaries and analysis of reporting on political events, focusing particularly on UK policy priority areas.
- Provide advice on public lines and approach on policy areas.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a full-time position offering a permanent contract. Working hours are 35 per week, Monday to Friday, from 09:00 to 17:00. Due to the nature of this role some flexibility is expected.
- The monthly salary for this position is AMD 498,418 gross per month, grade A2.
- This is a full-time position of 5 working days 35 hours net per week, for a permanent contract.
- The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
- Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law.
All applicants should submit their CV (in English, up to 3 pages), Covering Letter (in English, no more than 1 page of A4, Arial 11) setting out their motivation for the role and how they meet the above criteria.
Applications should be sent to jobapplications.ARM@fco.gov.uk and the email subject line must be formatted as follows: ARM120.
The closing date for applications is 8th July.
Kindly note that your application will only be considered if:
- Your application has been sent within the time frame requested.
- Your application documents are fully in English.
- Your applications documents are in .pdf format.
Please note that, because of the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact candidates selected for interview. If you do not hear from us you should assume that your application has not been successful.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.