An exciting role has arisen for a 12 month Graduate Internship, working as a Business Analyst in the Early Intervention Support Service in Croydon Council. Interviews are due to take place as soon as possible.
Before you apply, please check that you are willing to travel to the London Borough of Croydon.
Croydon is a distinctive and diverse place and is London’s most populated borough. Croydon is about to undergo the biggest development and regeneration programme since the 1960s with £3bn of investment flowing into the borough over the next five years, building a positive future for residents and businesses alike.
We are passionate about the value of public services and our new headquarters has the customer at the heart of what we do. It brings together 75 services including council, Met Police, NHS, Jobcentre Plus, Croydon Credit Union and Citizens Advice Bureau under one roof, allowing us all to work together as one team. This makes now an exciting time to join our team delivering vital services to over 360,000 residents. This role focusses on improvements in services to provide early help to children, young people and families.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain an unrivalled insight into a career in Business Analysis in a large organisation.
The council has been delivering a significant transformation programme over the last two years in response to the financial constraints local government is currently facing. We are entering into an exciting new phase of this programme, drawing upon the fields of demand management and behavioural insight, customer centric design and well as strong business intelligence to develop a demand led target operating model for the organisation which will be delivered over the next three years.
We are looking to recruit a professional, enthusiastic and hardworking Business Analyst to support this work.
The role has no limits on the level of involvement and ownership the successful candidate would be able to achieve, so would suit someone with commitment, flexibility, ability to learn quickly and with an abundance of talent. You will be working alongside the Council’s transformation team and our delivery partners, providing an excellent opportunity to develop business change skills for the public sector.
The role will involve tasks such as:
- Gathering complex information from various sources and presenting the data to create reporting metrics, trend analysis, presentations and communication plans.
- Presenting the data in an easily digestible format which can be used to support managers with decision (eg using spreadsheets and visual presentations).
- Supporting short term initiatives/projects as required to produce regular reports, insights and reviews
- Carrying out process and service reviews using techniques such as customer journey mapping, lean process review, six sigma or similar business process redesign (BPR)
- Presenting information and data in an engaging way to provoke inquiry and thought
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to present findings, recommendations and to deliver the actions agreed
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a strong analytical and BPR skills. Work experience in a business change project or programme environment or equivalent is desirable.
- Minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree in a discipline with an emphasis on analytical skills
- Ideally experienced with a relevant business/analytical degree, you're also familiar with SQL Scripts, SAS, MS Excel/Access/numerical data
- Experience in developing insights from large data sets.
- Strong BPR skills, ideally six sigma trained or similar
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- An ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Ability to work and deliver within a Project Structure.
- Time management and prioritisation skills are highly important along with a strong attention to detail.
- An understanding of change management is desirable.
£400 per week
To APPLY ONLINE click "Further official information" link below.