The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology ICS offers fully funded PhD scholarships for a variety of projects. The PhD students will be appointed for a three or four-year period, with a formal evaluation at the end of the first year. In this period the graduates will work on their individual project, leading to a doctoral dissertation. The program (fully taught in English) will start September 1st, 2015.
PhD positions 2015
The ICS selection procedure for 8 PhD positions at ICS starts on April 2nd, 2015.
Please note that a Master's degree at the start of the ICS PhD program is a compulsory requirement.
In order to apply you need to complete ALL of the following steps:
1. Start reading all these instructions first
3. Save this form on your own computer
4. Carefully complete all the required fields in this application form
5. Next create ONE pdf file consisting of all required extra documents (grade sheets, certificates, publications, etc). You will thus submit two files, namely, (a) the file comprising the application form and (b) a file comprising all other documents.
After having completed steps 1-5:
6. Click on the 'Apply now' button below on this page and fill in all required fields (there is some overlap with the application form, but we need this information again due to system requirements)
7. Here you will be asked to upload the completed electronic application form together with the one single pdf file (that you created in step 5.)
8. Submit your application.
If you have substantial questions please always consult the website
first. If your question is not answered on our site, please email
We only process fully completed electronic applications prepared according to this routine.
Incomplete or fragmented applications as well as applications sent by regular post or email will not be taken into consideration.
When your application has reached us, you will receive an email confirming that you have applied at the ICS.
Note: the deadline for PhD applications is April 28, 2015, 23.59 (GMT).