INTERNSHIP SCIENCE TEAM (REF. SCIT210415)
European Schoolnet is a network of 30 European Ministries of Education, based in Brussels, Belgium. As a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to bring innovation in teaching and learning to our key stakeholders: Ministries of Education, schools, teachers, researchers, and industry partners.
We are looking for an intern to join the Science team of European Schoolnet in Brussels. This position will be a highly active, hands-on role and will give an excellent opportunity to get to grips with a range of issues in project management of science projects and work in an international environment liaising with colleagues and partners from all over Europe. Starting date: immediately.
Skills and education required:
- Very good spoken and written English (Level C1 minimum)
- Masters degree preferably in education, science, or science communication, with strong motivation on the following areas: Science Education, ICT in Education and European funded projects
- Good understanding of IT tools (minimum MS Office), ideally also OpenOffice, Moodle, Google docs, etc.
- Experience in writing articles/letters/papers/reports and planning agendas/meetings
- Good organizational skills since success in this role will depend upon forward planning and proactivity.
- Attention to detail necessary
- Candidates should be enthusiastic with the desire to learn and maintain a high level of quality in their work.
This list is for indicative purposes only and will change to meet the priorities of the organisation and in response to skills demonstrated by the intern. For example, tasks could include:
- drafting articles, letters, minutes and reports
- offering administrative support for contracts and finance control
- organising the logistics of events such as meetings, training sessions and conferences
- liaising with partners and subcontractors (e.g. teachers, European institutions, graphic designers, hotels, etc.)
You should apply if:
- you are ready to start the internship immediately
- you like working hard and learning every day
- you thrive working in a fast paced international environment
Terms and conditions: The internship position would be based in Brussels, for 6 months and remunerated with 1000 EUR per month.
How to apply:
Please send your CV plus a motivation letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The motivation letter must show how your background or interests fit the tasks planned for this internship.
Deadline to apply: until the position is filled.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted