IDFAcademy Assistant - internship
IDFA’s Education Department works to educate both fledgling filmmakers and young audiences. In the lead-up to IDFA, an intern helps with the production of IDFAcademy. The internship offers you the opportunity to experience the education of professionals firsthand, to be part of the IDFA team and to gain production experience.
In the months preceding IDFA, approximately 100 young and talented international filmmakers are selected for IDFAcademy. For them, we put together a four-day program of master classes, personal meetings and films that bring them in contact with experienced professionals. As an IDFAcademy intern, you compile the program guide, you’re involved with the recruitment of participants and you maintain contact with those selected. You also assist with the preparation needed to put IDFAcademy on.
You’re nearing the end of your course of study (usually related to film) but you don’t have much work experience yet. You have a great affinity with documentary cinema. You can work well in a hectic environment and you are very organized. You don’t mind long hours and thrive when you’re working under the pressure of several strict deadlines. You learn various computer programs quickly, you aren’t afraid of talking on the phone and you speak English fluently.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Compiling the program guide and updating information for participants on the website and through social media
• Managing participants and assisting in recruiting them
• Maintaining contact with the selected participants and the guests of IDFAcademy
• Assisting with the production of IDFAcademy
• Serving as floor manager during IDFAcademy and guiding the volunteers who perform production tasks during the festival
• Writing daily reports for the website during the four days of IDFAcademy
• Handling several participant questionnaires after the festival
Length of contract: September 12 – December 11, 2016 4-5 days per week;90% of full-time
Remuneration is €300 per month for a full-time internship, lunch included; travel expenses are covered if you live outside of Amsterdam.
How to apply Send a letter of motivation and a CV as soon as possible to Annabet Langkamp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your letter, tell us why you’d like to intern at IDFA and why you think you’re a good fit for this internship.