Why the oikos Summer School?
The International Summer School on Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation is a 9-day event for international and Georgian participants. Through various lectures, workshops, field trips and more, participants will acquire knowledge on the topic, which they will then apply within their team projects, business cases and all other profit or non-for profit activities.
The Summer School 2015 will take place in the beautiful Mestia, Georgia. (29 AUG - 06 SEP, 2015)
Goals of the Summer School
- Raise youth awareness on social entrepreneurship and social innovation by bringing Georgian youth together with international youth;
- Share social entrepreneurship experiences based on sustainable and innovative ideas;
- Analyse the business and legal environment for social entrepreneurship with focus on developing countries;
- Identify barriers of social entrepreneurship development and work on recommendations;
- Enable youth, especially from from Svaneti, to develop their business plan to develop the area.
To reach the above-mentioned goals the program offers a broad variety of activities. During interactive lectures lead by international and local experts, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss and compare the newly acquired knowledge to the situation in their home countries.
By attending this summer school the will participants develop a broader understanding of social entrepreneurship, social innovation and their specifics in emerging markets. They will acquire theoretical and practical knowledge about the role of social entrepreneurship for sustainable development.
Georgia is one of the most unique cultural highways due to its geographic and political location. It has a rich culture in food, festivals, art and wine. The summer school would not just be an academic monotone, but it will involve longdrives and stopovers on this multilayered multicultural historical tradition and culture.
Get Ready to Indulge in Real Social Business Ideas!
The most important aspect of this Summer School would be to indulge in real social business ideas.
The Virtual Business Incubator is the most innovative aspect of the event, It is an online platform, which will become a guarantee of success for all business ideas. It will answer modern business incubator challenges. Through which users will have online room, where they get news about modern social entrepreneurship. Users can get online consultations from high-level professionals. Test their ideas through the latest models, such as canvas, demonstrate their project ideas including Canvas strengths and weaknesses.
Your Learning Journey at 5200m
Whenever teams want to develop great ideas they go to high altitudes. Thus, the oikos Summer School is not to be missed for the development of great ideas and co-creative education.
Through team work, interesting lectures, field trips for research and the constant link to the regional sphere, we guarantee you will have a unique experience. Learn more about social entrepreneurship and social innovation and understand how you can take it forward, help developing countries and implement it in your own society. We will also develop a campaign together, and learn more about campaigning, to 'become a social entrepreneur'. All the Summer School's outcomes will be published and available to share with your peers back home and pursue your path as a social and innovative entrepreneur.
- Participants will improve there critical thinking;
- Have real and visible impact in the Svaneti region, act as consultants in a developing economy and learn from people from different backgrounds;
- Share practical and theoretical knowledge with a small and varied group of people which includes world renown faculty;
- Learn how to campaign and create a campaign together to promote the need for more socially innovative enterprises, and let's make it trend together;
- Participants will analyse international experiences and observe how it can be implemented in proposed case studies.
The oikos Summer School focuses on the topic: Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation.
If you are interested in these topics, if you have the ambition to discuss, reflect and create new ideas and if you are keen to meet like-minded people, then the oikos Summer School might be just right for you.
We are looking forward to having a great diversity among the participants, which is why we would like to invite about 30 people from all over the world, from different backgrounds and cultures to spend ten days with us and a program full of lecturers, workshops and inspiring discussions.
Georgian and international students, who will be selected according to their application submitted below.
Application deadline is the 20.07.2015
Early bird application deadline is the 30.06.2015
The participant fee: 130 EUR (for early bird applications participation fee is 100 EUR)
You can find application form below or click here
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: