The International Monetary Fund (IMF) today launched the 2016 Advancing Asia: Investing for the Future Youth Video Contest. The competition—to be held in conjunction with the Advancing Asia conference, that will take place in New Delhi, India, on March 11–13, 2016—seeks videos from young videographers of all abilities capturing through their own lenses the realities, challenges, and interesting stories of the Asia-Pacific region.
The contest, open to ages 18–30, will accept submissions from December 29, 2015 to January 26, 2016. The public voting through social media will begin when the videos are submitted and will end on February 3, 2016. The top 10 finalists from this round will be evaluated by a panel of judges. The selection will be based on originality, technical excellence and artistic merit. Two winners will be announced on February 15, 2016 on the www.advancingasia.org website. Winners will receive a three-day trip to New Delhi to attend the conference.
The contest is open to citizens of Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Korea, Lao P.D.R., Macao SAR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
The 2016 IMF ADVANCING ASIA CONFERENCE YOUTH VIDEO CONTEST is seeking videos from young videographers of all abilities, ages 18 – 30, capturing through their own lenses the realities, challenges, and interesting stories from the region.
All contestants—whether they use cameras or mobile phones—are asked to submit original videos (or animations) reflecting one or more of the following themes:
• Economic development in Asia and the Pacific
• Infrastructure development in Asia and the Pacific
• Challenges and opportunities in Asia and the Pacific
• Gender equality in your country
• Social realities in your country
• Solutions for a better future in your country
At the end of each video, the participant should pose a question related to one or more of the themes mentioned above. The videos should be no longer than 120 seconds.
By participating in the competition, the contestants agree to the competition terms and conditions, which can be found here: http://advancingasia.strutta.com/rules
Two winners will be selected to participate in the conference. They will receive a round trip to New Delhi from any Asian country/city, covering related traveling expenses. Their winning videos will be shown at the conference.
More information on the conference can be found here: www.advancingasia.org. For more information about the contest, please contact email@example.com.
Competition Terms and Conditions
By participating in the competition, participants agree to the following terms and conditions.
The 2016 IMF ADVANCING ASIA CONFERENCE YOUTH VIDEO CONTEST is seeking videos from young videographers of all abilities, ages 18 – 30 (at the closing date of January 26th, 2016), who are citizens of the following Asia-Pacific economies: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Korea, Lao P.D.R., Macao SAR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
This is open to both amateurs and professional videographers. There are no fees to participate in the contest. (Note: The contest is not open to IMF employees and their families).
• Each participant may submit more than one video.
• Videos submitted must meet the required technical standards outlined below.
• Participants must have ownership rights to the entries they submit and warrant by submission that they hold these rights.
• All contestants, whether they use cameras or cell phones, are asked to submit original work that best defines one or more of the above six themes.
• Videos submitted should be no longer than 120 seconds.
• Each participant will be required to use their personal social media account to tweet their videos and use the hashtag #AdvancingAsia or #2016IMF推进亚洲发展会议# on Weibo.
• Creative titles are welcome.
• The video contest will be launched on December 29th, 2015 on the conference website and IMF social media accounts.
• The final date for submitting videos into the competition is February 14, 2016, at 11:59 GMT.
• Public voting on social media begins when the video is submitted and ends on February 14, 2016.
• Top 10 videos based on public voting will be collected by February 14, 2016
• Round two judging starts February 15-19, 2016. Judges select winner by February 19, 2016.
• The two winners will be announced on February 15, 2016 on the www.advancingasia.org website. Winners will be also notified by email.
The names of winners will be announced on February 19, 2016. Two winners will be chosen
among the contestants. The winners will receive the following:
• A three-day trip to New Delhi, India, during the Advancing Asia conference (March 11—13, 2016). To be eligible for this prize, participants must have a valid passport and be able to secure a visa to enter India in time for the conference. For Indian citizens, they could present any government-issued identification card with birth date and photo, if they don’t have a passport.
• The questions posed on the winning videos will be posted during the conference.
No alternative cash prizes are available.
HOW TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted electronically, through the official website: http://advancingasia.strutta.com/
There is no mail-in method of entry. Upon submission, each participant will be prompted to complete an electronic form consisting of basic personal information, such as name, last name, age, nationality, and e-mail address. This information is needed to ensure entries to the contest comply with the Official Rules.
Each video must be an original piece of work taken and created by the contestant and shall not have been published elsewhere or won another competition. By entering the contest, the entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted image is an original work created solely by the entrant; that the entry does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the entry.
The video must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Images deemed inappropriate by the IMF will be disqualified.
Judging will occur in (2) two rounds:
1. In Round One, users of the contest platform will be able to vote online for the videos they prefer. Among those, the ten highest ranking videos will be chosen.
2. In Round Two, a panel of judges selected by the IMF (and including IMF employees) will review the ten videos chosen as finalists and select the winners.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS’ LIST
The winners will be announced online on the conference website at
http://www.advancingasia.com/ and http://advancingasia.strutta.com/ on February 15, 2016, and they will be individually notified by email.
The Contest participant will indemnify and hold harmless the IMF, against any claim brought by a third party alleging that the participant's video infringes on its intellectual property.
Copyright of all videos (and animations) submitted to this competition remains with the contestants. However, by participating in the competition, all contestants agree to grant the IMF a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, copy, publicly display, sublicense, modify and fully exploit any video submitted.
THIRD PARTY RELEASES
Upon request, entrants may be asked to provide a signed release from all persons who (1) appear in the video or (2) who have copyrighted material of any kind that appears in the video, granting the Authorized Partners the rights to display their likeness or their copyrighted material as it appears in the video in any media whatsoever in connection with the Contest. Failure to provide such release in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The IMF assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to the contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reasons, the contest does not proceed as planned, due to any causes beyond the control of the IMF that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the IMF reserves the right, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
3- Day Trip to New Delhi, India to attend the Advancing Asia Conference (March 11—13, 2016).
Two winners will receive a 3-Day round trip to New Delhi, India from any Asian country/city, covering related traveling expenses. Their winning videos will be shown at the conference. To be eligible for this prize, participants must have a valid passport and be able to secure a visa to enter India in time for the conference. For Indian citizens, they could present any government-issued identification card with birth date and photo, if they don’t have a passport.
The Advancing Asia conference, co-sponsored by the government of India and the IMF, will take stock of the Asia-Pacific region’s economic performance and the policy challenges that will have a great bearing on social and economic progress. Key issues to be addressed at the conference will include: growth models; income inequality, demographic change, and gender; infrastructure investment; climate change; managing capital flows; and financial inclusion. Participants will include government ministers and central bank governors, business executives, academics, and civil society leaders. Keynote speakers will include Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India and IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: