Study Europe and the European Union from the vantage point of one of Germany's most prestigious universities! The short-term programmes "International & European Studies" (IES) at the University of Tübingen offer international students from all over the world seminars taught in English by renowned Tübingen researchers on topics such as the history of the European Union and its institutions, media cultures in a globalised world or doing business in Europe, as well as courses on German language and culture. Successful completion of the academic programme will be rewarded with an "IES Certificate" and ECTS credits.
This challenging academic programme is complemented by excursions to Strasbourg, Berlin and Frankfurt, including tours of the European Parliament, interviews with EU politicians, and visits to and possible internships at influential companies in the economically strong region of Baden-Württemberg.
For applying to the 6-week Summer Program please send the following documents by 15 May 2015 by email to the Office of the International & European Studies Program:
- Application form: Download the application form here.
- Letter of motivation: Why would you like to participate in the Summer Program "International & European Studies"? What is your special interest in Europe and the European Union? Why have you chosen to participate in a short-term program in Germany? What are your hobbies and interests? (max. one page)
- Transcript of records: Official, certified transcript showing courses and grades from the university you are currently enrolled.
As all subject courses of the Summer Program are taught in English a language proficiency on an advanced intermediate level is a necessary prerequisite. If you have an official proof of your proficiency level in English, please add it to your application (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, attendance of language courses).
If you prefer to send the application by post, please send it to the following address:
University of Tuebingen
International & European Studies
Mrs. Franziska Krausse-Wang
Application deadline: 15 May 2015
Please note that your own institution may require an earlier submission. Applications are considered in the order of their arrival. Early applications are encouraged.
All documents have to be submitted in English. The International & European Studies Program will only consider applications that are complete, including all required supplemental documents and that reach the office by 15 May 2015 at the latest. Applications after this date will only be considered if there are still places available.
You will be informed by email about your acceptance or rejection two weeks after your application. The programm fee of € 2,800 (early bird by 15 April: € 2,400) has to be paid by the applicant right after the acceptance to the Summer Program. Applications are only possible for the complete program.
Please note: Participants in the Summer Program will not be enrolled as students of the University of Tübingen.
Application for a scholarship for the Summer Program II "International & European Studies"
Within the Summer Program a limited number of scholarships is available. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic achievement and financial need. The scholarships are granted only for participation in the Summer Program and do not have to be repaid.
Application deadline: 15 May 2015
In addition to the regular application documents mentioned above, students applying for a scholarship have to submit the following documents:
- Scholarship application form: Download the scholarship application form here.
- Proof of applicant's monthly income: e.g. pay-slip, income tax return, scholarship, state support, bank account statements of the last three months
- Proof of applicant's parents monthly net income: e.g. pay-slip, income tax return, bank account statements of the last three months.
If you do need to withdraw from the Summer Program, the following cancellation policy will apply:
- Participants must send their cancellation in written form to the International & European Studies Program (by email, post or fax).
- Cancellations received by 14 June 2015 will incur a charge of 30% of the program fee.
- Cancellations received between 15 June 2015 and 30 June 2015 will incur a charge of 50% of the program fee.
- If you cancel between 1 July 2015 and after the start of the program, no part of the fee will be reimbursed.
In the case of cancellation of the Summer Program due to a lack of participants the International & European Studies Program will reimburse the complete amount of money paid by the participant, but will have no further liability to the participant. The International & European Studies Program does not cover any other costs of the participants, such as travel bookings, visa fees etc. If the International & European Studies Program has to cancel a course or an excursion for any reason beyond its control, it will not be held liable.