NOMINATIONS FOR THE AWARDS FOR DISTINCTION
CAA has begun accepting nominations for the 2018 Awards for Distinction, which will be announced at the 106th Annual Conference in Los Angeles between February 21–24, 2018. All nominations must be sent with the proper nomination form including the nominee’s contact information.
Awards for Distinction in Publication are for authors of books or articles/criticism published between September 1, 2016, and August 31, 2017. Books published posthumously are not eligible. These include:
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award for non-catalogue books in the history of art
- Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award for museum scholarship in the history of art
- Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award for Smaller Museums, Libraries, Collections, and Exhibitions for museum scholarship in the history of art published by smaller institutions
- Frank Jewett Mather Award for art criticism
- Arthur Kingsley Porter Prize for articles written by younger scholars in the Art Bulletin
- Art Journal Award for articles or works published in the Art Journal
All nominations are due September 1, 2017. To give the jury full opportunity to evaluate each submission fairly, submit materials well before the deadline.
Nominations for Awards for Distinction require letters of support from the nominator that include the nominator’s identity, relationship to the nominee, how the nominee’s work has affected them, and why the nominee should be recognized for this particular award. It is recommended that nominators contact colleagues, students, and other professional contacts to write their own letters of nomination as well, bearing in mind that only five letters will be considered by the award jury.
Nominations for Awards for Distinction also require a short CV (approximately two-pages) of the nominee. For Lifetime Achievement awards, a web link to a longer version of the CV can be included within the two-page CV. All materials should be sent to Katie Apsey (firstname.lastname@example.org), CAA manager of programs.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.